Major Spoilers Podcast #181: The Dark Phoenix Podcast

DC Unveils Blackest Night #8 cover

1. Navarre
    March 3, 2010 at 8:14 am — Reply

Looks kinda like Marvel Divas & Friends.

2. astrodinosaurus
    March 3, 2010 at 8:29 am — Reply

Marvel doing an all female teambook? I can’t say I’m surprised. Marvel has been kinda eager to turn the spotlight to the Superheroins as of late. Besides with the success DC has had with Birds Of Prey this seems like a natural move to make. And it looks they finally figured out a title without the word “diva” might work better. I actually kinda dig the title..Heralds of WHAT? is Galactus involved? WHY won’t you tell me?!
    So yeah I’m interested.

Also are they fighting dinosaurs, robots, zombies AND Colonel Sanders?!

3. aerspyder
    March 3, 2010 at 8:44 am — Reply

Does anyone know who is the woman blasting the robot near the top?

4. Josh P.
    March 3, 2010 at 9:51 am — Reply

It’s called Heralds, because it deals in some part with Galactus’ former herald, Nova (from G4’s Attack of the Show).

5. NB
    March 3, 2010 at 10:03 am — Reply

@aerspyder: That’s Emma Frost.

6. Alastair
    March 3, 2010 at 10:23 am — Reply

Emma. Jennifer, Monica, Patsy, Brunhilde (? is that here current status) and Abigail Brand. that is an odd mix. It is odd that She-Hulk or Emma forst are no front and centre as they are the more money players of the group. I assume this is Mini, if they were to do a full on team book they would use the (Lady) Liberators as a call back to a name they have used a few times, from early Avengers through to red hulk.

My LL team

She-Hulk
    Black Widow,
    Ms Marvel,
    Jubilee,
    Psylocke,
    Misty Knight

with a guest spot for Sue Storm.

7. seneca
    March 3, 2010 at 10:56 am — Reply

That is not emma, it is Storm.

8. NB
    March 3, 2010 at 11:24 am — Reply

No, it’s Emma. Go watch the video, they confirm it there and also show some more promo art.

• astrodinosaurus
      March 3, 2010 at 12:35 pm — Reply

But she is telepathic … How is she blasting a robot?

• NB
        March 3, 2010 at 1:41 pm — Reply

Blame the artist?

Could also be she’s in her diamond form protected her face from the robot blowing up. Dunno.

9. TaZ
    March 3, 2010 at 12:55 pm — Reply

Next promo “I am a FEMALE Avenger!” Nice to see Valkyre back, cosmic egg shells and all.

10. Brent
    March 3, 2010 at 1:22 pm — Reply

Nice to see Valkyrie and Monica (Pulsar? Photon? Fishcakes!).

With the hair I thought that was Clea to the right of Hellcat.

11. Brainlock
    March 3, 2010 at 1:57 pm — Reply

surprised it isn’t “Her-alds”.
    I’m assuming this is a follow-up/companion book to “Her-oes?” or is that an alt-universe book?

• ~wyntermute~
      March 3, 2010 at 6:41 pm — Reply

I am not the only one who thought “Her-alds” then. I am surprised, and a little saddened. I always hope nobody else has the misfortune of thinking like me! Nobody deserves that. >_<