Art Apprecitation Moment of the Day: Ron Salas

Top Cow Sneak Peek: Witchblade #135

1. TaZ
    March 3, 2010 at 3:16 pm — Reply

I guess they were tired of “I’m the best there is at what I do…”.

2. March 3, 2010 at 3:25 pm — Reply

I wish I had a pair of boots like that.

• TaZ
      March 3, 2010 at 4:16 pm — Reply

Why do they have door-stoppers on the ankles?

• March 3, 2010 at 6:10 pm — Reply

This is also for Jacin.
        Yes, they’re ribbed for the Marvel 616’s pleasure.

The rubber points on the side of the boots are merely to emphasize and help support Wolverine’s flaw: dainty ankles.

3. Navarre
    March 3, 2010 at 3:51 pm — Reply

Make … it … stop …

4. Mattimus
    March 3, 2010 at 3:53 pm — Reply

Yeah, those boots are pretty cool. I just wish they could do a better job of hiding the articulation points on his ankles. Maybe they should take a look at what DC is doing with their character designs. =P

5. March 3, 2010 at 4:04 pm — Reply

I’m confused, they’re stopping four Avengers titles to be replaced with four avengers titles one of which is the same?

• TaZ
      March 3, 2010 at 4:16 pm — Reply

No, you’re not confused. Sounds like you got it nailed.

• March 3, 2010 at 7:03 pm — Reply

but that doesn’t make sense

• TheTaken
          March 3, 2010 at 8:59 pm — Reply

Seems like a lame ploy to publish yet another #1 issue. I guess Marvel wants a clear separation for ‘The Heroic Age!!!’ and everything else…

• Slappy
          March 4, 2010 at 5:07 am — Reply

Starts with a New#1, Great Jumping on point. And whichever title lasts and gets to switch to the # 600 and they can say it still counts as the old series.

6. Jacin B
    March 3, 2010 at 4:17 pm — Reply

So, are we to presume that his boots are ribbed for the pleasure of whomever it is whose butt he’s kicking … ?

7. March 3, 2010 at 4:24 pm — Reply

I am Avenger and an X-Men and a Defender and an X-Force and … ;p

• Slappy
      March 4, 2010 at 5:08 am — Reply

Doesn’t he also belong to the red hat society?

• MaximusRift
        March 4, 2010 at 7:31 am — Reply

Dully Noted. ;D

8. Brother129
    March 3, 2010 at 6:23 pm — Reply

Who is this guy?

9. Zory
    March 3, 2010 at 6:23 pm — Reply

“Why does Wolverine wear a helmet in the the same shape as his hair anyway? It just looks ****ing stupid.”

I seriously hate that mask. I hate that costume in general.

10. Luis Dantas
    March 3, 2010 at 6:52 pm — Reply

Now I know for certain which book I will not be following, at the very least.

11. eric
    March 3, 2010 at 8:51 pm — Reply

This is the most stupidest move by a comic company in a long time besides bringing Barry Allen back. I mean some characters just need to stay dead. I guess Gwen Stacey will be coming back one day. But really you have four books being published with a crew and ideas but you are going to end them to start over with the same titles again but maybe with different characters? I dont understand the reasoning. The only thing i can come up with is that this is someone’s glorified dream to be in some sort of control issue and be the lord over ruler of all these titles. I would be more impressed if it was just one title. I mean come on, I think the Avengers could be so big you could still just have one title. I dont think readers mind a very large team. It has to be done well if you are going to have more than one book and I dont think this is doing so well that is the must have for all readers and it is what all readers are talking about.

• MaximusRift
      March 4, 2010 at 7:41 am — Reply

Gwen Stacy did come back. She’s called Carly Cooper now. ;p

12. TheTaken
    March 3, 2010 at 8:53 pm — Reply

Shouldn’t it be “I am the best at doing what’s gotta be done.”?

13. March 3, 2010 at 9:05 pm — Reply

Henchman 21, aka Gary, and Wolverine from ‘New Avengers/Transformers.’

Coincidence? I think NOT.

• TaZ
      March 4, 2010 at 8:02 am — Reply

Why do they both look like me in a yellow and black costume??

14. steviecool
    March 4, 2010 at 12:22 am — Reply

Skrulls. Calling it now.

15. matt cable
    March 4, 2010 at 5:36 am — Reply

How the hell do those fiercely curved claws retract into his forearms?

• TaZ
      March 4, 2010 at 8:04 am — Reply

I dunno. I’m also wondering why the ones on his left hand are curved more than those on the right? Opening beer cans, maybe?

16. Captain Average
    March 4, 2010 at 9:34 am — Reply

Thank you matt cable. I thought they were slightly curved blades, not semi-circles that would make him scratch his armpits when retracted.

17. TaZ
    March 4, 2010 at 9:50 am — Reply

And the new announcement this week: Avengers Prime: After the Siege, a five-issue mini-series about how three old friends who tried to kill each other a couple of times have a “beer summit” so that Marvel can have a “Trinity” of their own.

“Gee, Steve… I’m really sorry that I had you arrested and that you got shot…”

“Well, Tony, even though it forced me to re-live years of hell on earth I guess since you scrambled your own brains we’re even.”

“BRRRRPPPP! Yea, verily! Who put Pabst Blue Ribbon into the Son of Odin’s mead-horn!”

18. March 5, 2010 at 6:19 am — Reply

I have now concluded that this will be an alternate universe Avengers line wherein the Heroic Age doesn’t happen and the same old New Avengers do the same old “underground” thing making them like some sort of superhero A-Team only not as awesome as what the superhero A-Team would actually be.

Only way this works.