Advance Review: Green Hornet #1

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Gene Gonzales

1. TaZ
    March 1, 2010 at 2:28 pm — Reply

…and Deadpool. (It’s just a joke. Please, God, let it be just a joke!)

I know I’m a sick old puppy, but is there anybody else out there other than me that would be interested in the X-men going back to a team of the “veterans” since there’s about a gazillion other “X” titles out there for all the other mutants? By that I mean Cyclops, Jean Grey (she’s like Robin Swallows in Austin Powers, she can’t die), Rogue, Angel, Iceman, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pride, and Storm. I didn’t include Hank McCoy as I want to see him back with the Avengers.

2. March 1, 2010 at 2:31 pm — Reply

Love that lineup but I’d want Beast on the team as the brains of the operation.

• TaZ
      March 1, 2010 at 2:41 pm — Reply

Good point, but I kind of like the tension that’s built up over the years between the good Dr. McCoy and his old classmate. It’s realistic that out of five kids who spent years growing up in this insanity that’s been the world Charles Xavier wrought for his students not everyone stays chummy, even if they still have a fraternal affection. Scott Summers is a pragmatic tactician and Hank’s an enlightened philosopher who seems to flourish as a character when he brings that outlook to a mostly non-mutant group of “heroes”.

3. Matt
    March 1, 2010 at 4:03 pm — Reply

Taz I agree with your line up for the most part though I’ve read or heard some place that there was a possibility of older books like Excalibur and stuff maybe coming back. I know we have recently seen a few of the members from the older books in a few comics recently. Maybe they are going back to the vet team and then moving the newbies out to other teams like Excalibur, X Force & X Factor?

• TaZ
      March 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm — Reply

I would like to think so, but here lately my prognostication skills in calling comic arcs has been about as good as my history of picking NCAA brackets (and that sucks).

4. steviecool
    March 1, 2010 at 5:09 pm — Reply

Assuming most wear the X on their chest, this could be viewed as a nosebleed. Is this a sign for another Legacy virus? Nah, there’s so few mutants left. But that’s what I think when I see this.

5. astrodinosaurus
    March 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm — Reply

Beak!

And I would also enjoy it if Scott lifted his self imposed apartheid. I like the island as the X-men HQ. But I don’t like the idea of “Nation X” not one bit.

6. MaximusRift
    March 1, 2010 at 9:16 pm — Reply

I don’t know. Who ARE the X-Men? I can’t tell anymore. Too many teams. Are they X-Men? X-Factor? X-Force? X-Static? X-terminators? X-New Mutants? X-iles? X-perts? X-gag gone to far? ;p