The new Flash ongoing arrives in stores in Apri, and to get you ready for the launch, DC has released a preview of the issue that you can see after the jump.

Flash #1
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art, cover and 1:100 variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL; 1:25 Variant cover by Tony Harris

A BRIGHTEST DAY tie-in! Get in on the ground floor of DC’s next epic in the making! The Flash races out of BLACKEST NIGHT and into his own monthly title as the all-new adventures of The Fastest Man Alive start with “Case One: The Dastardly Death of the Rogues!” Barry Allen runs back to his life in Central City, but when one of the Rogues turns up murdered under mysterious circumstances, it’s up to The Flash to not only solve this bizarre crime, but protect those that are still targeted by the elusive killer. Plus, don’t miss a peek into the future of the Flash universe in this special, extra-sized starting point issue!

via The Source

I am a New Avenger

Boom! Studios Sneak Peek of the Week

1. March 1, 2010 at 1:28 pm — Reply

Barry Allen: back from the dead to learn how to text.

I really enjoy the art. I’ve never been much of a fan for The Flash, but, after seeing this art with its brushy qualities, I may just pick it up.

2. TaZ
    March 1, 2010 at 1:47 pm — Reply

The bowtie icon for Barry and the coffee for Iris is a nice touch. I’m not even going to ask where he keeps his blackberry or droid in his costume.

3. Obsidian
    March 1, 2010 at 6:25 pm — Reply

I love Manupul’s art. There’s something very “canvas-y” about it, if that makes any sense. It’s written by Johns and he hasn’t disappointed me yet so this will be on my list for sure. I have been a Flash follower for some time and drifted away with the introduction of the West (read: wonder minus the purple monkey) Twins but I’m ready to be a fan again.

4. Frank
    March 1, 2010 at 7:51 pm — Reply

Good art. Nice touches everywhere. Notice the brand of the cell phone.

5. Martin
    March 2, 2010 at 2:10 am — Reply

Nice to see that Central City is still as impossibly huge as ever.

How I miss Scipio.

6. Frank
    March 2, 2010 at 9:12 am — Reply

I would love to see Firestorm as the backup.

7. Brent
    March 2, 2010 at 2:47 pm — Reply

Why is Iris so young? Back in the days of Impulse and Young Justice, she was Bart’s Grandma from the future (who had been living in the present, but no one else knew she was a time traveler). Does she ever go check on her and Barry’s kids, the Tornado Twins? I don’t recall all that being retconned.

8. brainypirate
    March 6, 2010 at 1:16 pm — Reply

Are these pages out of order? Why does Iris pay for her coffee the page AFTER she’s got it in her hand when the car whizzes by?