According to Comic Connect, Action Comics #1 sold in auction for a reported value of $1,000,000.

One of the finest UNRESTORED copies in the existence. 2nd highest graded (with the highest graded being an 8.5)

Wow.  The economy must really be improving if someone is will to drop that chunk of change on this first edition book.  According to the information on the website, only one offer was made for the book.

via Comic Connect

IDW and 20th Century Fox team on A-Team comic book

Doctor Who promo arrives

1. Jacin B
    February 22, 2010 at 1:37 pm — Reply

You know, if I ever won the lottery, an ultra-rare collectible like this would be something that I would consider dropping an insane amount of money on. It’s on the list right after the custom-built, zombie-proof house.

2. TaZ
    February 22, 2010 at 2:56 pm — Reply

Yeowww…. Who bought it? Nicholas Cage? Let’s face it, a guy that would name his kid Kal-el would drop a cool mil on Action #1.

3. eric
    February 22, 2010 at 3:09 pm — Reply

LOL. Where have you been TAZ? Nicholas Cage is in IRS trouble so he aint buying nothing.

• TaZ
      February 22, 2010 at 4:44 pm — Reply

Oh. So that explains why he took the part of Big Daddy. ;-)

Sorry, “Entertainment Tonight”, “TMZ” and “The Insider” aren’t on my viewing list so that’s news to me. I do good to keep up with comics, wrestling and my few other “guilty pleasures” with the schedule I keep. But thanks for letting me know. I guess he’ll be begging to do Ghost Rider II now.

4. Dan Martin
    February 22, 2010 at 10:55 pm — Reply

I’m not buying it. Something seems fishy about this sale. CGC doesn’t have an 8.0 book listed in their census of all graded books. The only 8.0 they had was restored. It seems awfully convenient that it happens right when the first Batman is being sold by rival auction house.

It could be totally legit, but it “feels” bad to me. Though it’s totally just a feeling.

5. February 23, 2010 at 10:39 am — Reply

“Wow. The economy must really be improving …”

Why do you think that? It just shwos that ONE person has a lot of money… nothing more.