Hugo Weaving, who plays the voice of Megatron, is not as immersed in the Transformers franchise as many people might think.

“Oh no,” he barks with a laugh. “They’re not making Transformers III, are they?  [Director] Michael Bay talks to me on the phone. I’ve never met him. We were doing the voice for the second one and I still hadn’t seen the first one. I still didn’t really know who the characters were and I didn’t know what anything was. It’s a voice job, for sure, and people assume I’ve spent my life working on it, but I really know so little about it.”

Transformers III opens July 1, 2011, or so.

via The Age

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Dustin Weaver

Advance Movie Review: DC Showcase: The Spectre

1. TaZ
    February 15, 2010 at 3:33 pm — Reply

“Your franchise does not interest me, Mr. Anderson.”

• J Michael T
      February 15, 2010 at 3:42 pm — Reply

• Kirby
        February 15, 2010 at 3:53 pm — Reply

TaZ gets the internet for the day. I’m a fan of Transformers, but the only way i’ll see 3 is fighting all the way.

2. Raye
    February 15, 2010 at 5:06 pm — Reply

He’s probably better off not knowing.

3. steviecool
    February 15, 2010 at 8:41 pm — Reply

Oh, just wait until his dark comedy “Jericho’s Body” tanks at the box office. Then he’ll be presenting at some awards show a week later spouting how much he loves the franchise.

4. Steve Y.
    February 16, 2010 at 9:04 am — Reply

Being a former acting student, this ticks me off – compare this to such voice actors like Mark Hamil (voice of the Joker), who was so committed to understanding and acting out the character that he both read everything he could get his hands on about the Joker, and then was so animated as he was doing the voice that they used some of his natural mannerisms as a model for future animation of the character!

5. Hunter Dan