You better believe it, as DC just released  the inked cover for the second issue of Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne series by Andy Kubert.  Grant Morrison is writing, so your guess is as good as mine as to the trippy nature of this event.

Oh, and so it isn’t totally spoiled for you, the image is after the jump.

via The Source

Hijacking the Avengers meme - Salieri Edition

Stretch Armstrong cast for upcoming movie

1. February 5, 2010 at 4:54 pm — Reply

HAHA! You deleted my comment that pointed out that this image is inked instead of raw pencils, and you changed your post to reflect that. Nice one.

• ~wyntermute~
      February 5, 2010 at 5:26 pm — Reply

Yeah, it’s called “Being The Dudes In Charge Of This Place”. It’s not the first time it’s happened, and if it were up to me I’d nix this comment too. :P Like, what? You want a no-prize or somthing? Jeez. Thanks for pointing out fact, but get over yourself. :D

• February 5, 2010 at 5:56 pm — Reply

I’m a stickler for journalistic integrity, expecially as it relates to comics, because it’s so lacking. Not to say that the MS guys are calling themselves journalists, by any means, but the sheer sloppiness in the majority of the items they post is astounding. It’s that that keeps me coming back. How sloppy can it get, y’know?

• astrodinosaurus
          February 5, 2010 at 6:21 pm — Reply

I’m sure the MSP guys would like to know when they mess up. So instead of being a smug lil number (That’s how you come across) Do what you did before and give them a heads-up when they mess up. But don’t write a space-filling comment with no value to the post when they have just fixed the problem and deleted the now obsolete (And space-filling) correction. Its not like its a cover-up, its called maintenance.

Integrity… I do not think it means what you think it means.

• ~wyntermute~
            February 5, 2010 at 7:49 pm — Reply

^This^ and lots of it. :)

• February 5, 2010 at 9:30 pm — Reply

Do we (and by we I mean me) make mistakes? Sure we all do. That’s why there is an edit function so we can make corrections as needed.

Are we dicks sometimes? Sure we are, but at least we’re doing our best to deliver news and information in a timely fashion for fans of the industry. And when we are being dicks we do it with humor – unlike some people…

Josh, if you’re only coming to the site for purposes of Schadenfreude, then I’m sorry for you. I think we do a pretty good job 90% of the time, and the remaining 10% we attempt to correct as soon as possible.

• February 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm — Reply

And for those who might want to know a bit about journalistic integrity

“The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist’s credibility.”

I think we strive to do this regularly.

• ~wyntermute~
            February 5, 2010 at 9:50 pm — Reply

Like I said re: astro’s post… ^THIS^ and lots of it. :)

P.S. I was going to say something about That German Word, but I can hardly pronounce it, which sadly impedes my ability to spell it. (I’m one of those people.) Anywho, for the kids watching at home: Don’t get your jollies from other people’s unintentional errors. It makes you a mean-spirited adult! :)

• February 6, 2010 at 10:59 pm — Reply

Thanks for sharing, Josh, though I’m not sure how editing a post to make a correction has anything to do with journalistic integrity. We at Major Spoilers do what we do because we love it. If we make a mistake, I’m sure that all of us would like to correct it as soon as possible. We are, however, grown men and women with full-time jobs, families, children, friends, and other responsibilities.

You may actually want to look into getting one of those things, as it will fill your time in a much more fulfilling manner than seeking out errors… Your mileage, as always, may vary…

2. TaZ
    February 5, 2010 at 5:52 pm — Reply

From the teasers I’m getting more interested in the Bruce Wayne series than I was in the “Captain America Reborn” series. Here’s hoping this series doesn’t go like many others recently and either has to be extended an issue or gets delayed while the rest of the mags spoil the ending.

My hope is that Bruce follows Steve Roger’s lead and lets Dick Grayson continue on as Batman. Grayson as The Bat’s kind of grown on me since “Battle for the Cowl”.

3. astrodinosaurus
    February 5, 2010 at 6:34 pm — Reply

Why even though you shouldn’t judge a book by its covers(Half finished once especially) and the fact that Grant Morrison is one of my favourite writers do I feel this dread?

Will sharks be jumped and will I develop another love/hate relationship with a creator I usually only have positive feelings towards?! The excitement is exciting me!

• astrodinosaurus
      February 5, 2010 at 6:36 pm — Reply

^half finished ONES’ ..I’m sure there are even more mistakes. But even I cannot let that one go.

4. Galactoss
    February 5, 2010 at 8:50 pm — Reply

Nice art. I’m suddenly pining for more Seven Soldiers Klarion too.

As an aside, is anyone else of the opinion that the whole time travel aspect is just misdirection and Bruce is actually sliding sideways across alternate Earths?

• ~wyntermute~
      February 5, 2010 at 9:53 pm — Reply

Or maybe it’s all a part of some crazy experiment, like the Batman of Zur En YARRRGH and Bat-Mite? And all those other things G-Mo said were just parts of a fragmented psyche (or whatever he said they were — frankly, I didn’t “get it”.).

• February 5, 2010 at 10:23 pm — Reply

It would certainly tie back into the concept of the Multiverse, but with so many of the alternate Earths revealed, I think it would be hard to make that connection fully. With the nature of the Omega Sanction, the alternate realities makes more sense than true time travel. But it is Morrison, so we’ll have to wait and see what he serves up.

5. brainypirate
    February 6, 2010 at 10:31 am — Reply

Isn’t Bruce usually on the right side of history? I don’t like the idea of him being on the side of the witch-hunters, given what we know about the hysteria around witchcraft in that period.

• Alex Jay Berman
      February 6, 2010 at 1:04 pm — Reply

I tend to think that being timestrewn (as opposed to timelost) would tend to f*** your s*** up. Besides, someone as obsessed and driven (not to mention s***-f***ed up) might consider a witchfinder’s quest as something in keeping in his pursuit of justice.
      (Sorry, Jamnes Robinson: “Juussstiiiiiice!!!”)

• astrodinosaurus
      February 6, 2010 at 5:31 pm — Reply

Its the DCU..evil Witches did exist there..Hell they probably led the fake witch-hunts.

6. February 6, 2010 at 12:05 pm — Reply

I agree with Brainypirate. Plus, he just kinda looks like a less skinny version of Hansel from Fables.

7. Alex Jay Berman
    February 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm — Reply

Very nice Kaluta/Vess feel on the background images there. As for the Brucie figure, it’s got the standard Kubert line-hatching and the standard Andy Kubert face (in its own way, almost as omnipresent and recognizable as a Sal Buscema face), but the use of blacks is a bit different than he’s done in the past, and the washes of ink on the cape and especially the clouds are a nice touch which somehow puts me in mind of his brother Adam …

8. Damascus
    February 22, 2010 at 5:42 am — Reply

My only thought here is that he’s out hunting witches apparently but if anyone saw him in that get-up they’d probably burn him at the stake for witchcraft himself. Plus I had to chuckle at the puritan/pilgrim hat he’s wearing. I think I’d have rather seen more of a Van Helsing look.