The Variants Episode 7: Tsunami

Boom! Town announces Wheeler collection

1. February 4, 2010 at 12:24 pm — Reply

but is it clint or lester? i kinda dug bullseye in the purple togs wrestling with the dilemma of actually being a hero. while still getting his kicks anyway. dont mind me i like changes

2. Salieri
    February 4, 2010 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Ah, so that’s just how the costume’s drawn. The Heroic Age shot made me think he had a robot arm and that Buckywas inexplicably taking the mantle and letting Steve have his Cap costume.

3. astrodinosaurus
    February 4, 2010 at 1:39 pm — Reply

Isn’t Lester the epitome of a violent psychopath. That is to say he has no concept of empathy and a bad habit of stabbing people in their eyes, in front of their children… with the child’s ice cream cone. Reason? Why to get his rocks off.
    (This happened)

…I don’t think much dilemma wrestling took place at all from Lester’s perspective
    but I might have missed it…

Actually no, I don’t think Marvel would ever try to redeem Bullseye..Lester is the most “pure evil” character in the Marvel U…Doom and Fisk may be smarter and more powerful..But Lester is more EVIL. Killing isn’t even a path to a goal for him, he doesn’t want power or wealth he just enjoys the murdering part.

That guy up there if he isn’t Clint is definitely not Bullseye either.

• astrodinosaurus
      February 4, 2010 at 1:43 pm — Reply

^ Was supposed to be a response to Rob….but I fail.

4. CMonocle
    February 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm — Reply

If this is all the real lineup for the Avengers, then I am very happy so far!

5. February 4, 2010 at 2:09 pm — Reply

So far so great especially if we are getting Clint back where he belongs. I could do without Bendis’ sweetheart Spider-Woman, but it’s a small price to pay.

6. Navarre
    February 4, 2010 at 2:19 pm — Reply

I know Hawkeye’s costume is classic but the dude needs a better look.

7. Allen Jones
    February 4, 2010 at 2:35 pm — Reply

Personally, I hope it’s someone else, I like Barton as Ronin.

• michael
      February 4, 2010 at 6:42 pm — Reply

^ REALLY there was nothing to like about clint barton ronin it kinda sucks

8. Brother129
    February 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm — Reply

And so it begins…who will become the new Ronin?

• Salieri
      February 4, 2010 at 3:00 pm — Reply

Dirk Anger, who else?

9. MaximusRift
    February 4, 2010 at 5:54 pm — Reply

I prefer the Jailbait Hawkeye. ;D

10. Navarre
    February 4, 2010 at 6:59 pm — Reply

I like Hawkeye from M.A.S.H.

He can run out of “the Swamp”, bow in one hand and a glass of homemade gin in the other. Radar O’Reilly can warn him and the other Avengers when they have incoming villains…especially if they are attacking in choppers.

11. Space Cadet Juan
    February 5, 2010 at 1:38 am — Reply

I’ll never understand why Bendis killed off Hawkeye in Disassembled. He clearly enjoys the character, he brought him back almost immediately and has used him ever since!

12. Thelastavenger
    February 5, 2010 at 5:36 am — Reply

As long as that is Clint i say Hell Yes am so going to read Avengers again.

13. Seneca
    February 5, 2010 at 7:35 am — Reply

I think Hawkeye needs a new costume too, if anything to dissasociate himself from the bullshawkeye.

• astrodinosaurus
      February 5, 2010 at 8:22 am — Reply

No man you don’t let them take symbols away from you no matter how they abuse it.
      You redeem it. You change things don’t let things change you…and all that other hippie garbage that needs to be said ;).

• astrodinosaurus
        February 5, 2010 at 8:25 am — Reply

Hippies also write good lyrics..they should just bathe.

14. giantseaotter
    February 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm — Reply

I too hope this is the line up. The return of clint/hawkeye as an avenger is the only reason i will collect marvel.