I really don’t think the OK! is the source for the latest accurate news, but like the Eddie Murphy as The Riddler news, the UK mag is claiming Zac Efron will play Peter Parker in the Spider-Man reboot.  If your High School Musical buzzer just went off, there’s also word that Vanessa Hudgens will tag along as Mary Jane.

I’ll let you talk this one out, but remember, it’s still just a rumor at this point.

via OK!

Frank Miller Twitters, and shows off new Sin City art

Scott Pilgrim flick gets official release date

1. astrodinosaurus
    February 2, 2010 at 9:59 am — Reply

Its not a rumour its made up news…Hell is it even worth posting?

2. SkrullBryan
    February 2, 2010 at 10:13 am — Reply

Spider-Man, The Musical

3. Jacin B
    February 2, 2010 at 10:21 am — Reply

Well, if it’s true, they’d save me some money …

… okay, no they wouldn’t. My kid would still want to go, which means I would have to take him.

4. Rob
    February 2, 2010 at 11:02 am — Reply

I thought “news” like this come out on April 1st, or from the onion.

5. MaximusRift
    February 2, 2010 at 11:19 am — Reply

Spider-Man? I thought he was playing Cyclops in First Class? ;D

6. TaZ
    February 2, 2010 at 11:42 am — Reply

Way to go and completely wreck a perfectly good movie franchise. I freaking HATE the term “reboot”, along with Hollywood comments like “re-making the character”, “updating the character”, “giving it my (the director’s) vision”, etc., etc. blah, blah, blah, verbal vomit…

The fact is that Spiderman’s “character” is already based on years of development by some writers that could take a damn “Follywood” script (been there, wasn’t impressed… I wouldn’t let my dog’s girlfriend live in Hollywood)and make it into something worth reading or watching by people with IQ’s slightly above room temperature. It’s hard to improve on the image and concept of Peter Parker as originally done in the comics. How many times have we got to see Uncle Ben Parker die, for Pete Ross’ sake?? How many geriatric actresses that can play Aunt May do we have to digest? Just so they can put some new peach-fuzz faced, just quit using Clearasil and took dance instead of playing football in high school couldn’t be cast in “Twilight” putz??

There. I said it. I feel better now.

• February 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm — Reply

A rumor like this is hardly a reason to get so worked up and completely write off the project as a failure.

7. peter
    February 2, 2010 at 12:58 pm — Reply

I don’t live in the states so the whole high school musical hype does not cloud my judgement.

I saw zack efron play in 16 again and I have to admit that he is a more than ok actor.

8. astrodinosaurus
    February 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm — Reply

Okay you got 8 comments I get why its worth posting. Talk equals interest, interest equals news worthiness. ;)

• Brian Duff
      February 2, 2010 at 7:42 pm — Reply

After he gets 100 quotes, the internet lets him super size his fries at the next McD’s he goes to.