It’s been a tense couple of weeks as listeners anxiously await word to see if Orem Rivendorn will run away from the current battle raging in the Critical Hit Podcast, or will he stay and fight the gallant fight to try and save his comrades?

WHAT WILL OREM DO?

Critical Hit: Will Orem Run, or Stay and Fight?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Scott Pilgrim flick gets official release date

The Other Word Book: Soon I Will Be Invincible

1. February 2, 2010 at 10:57 am — Reply

Arrgh! I’m not sure whether to vote what I want him to do, or what I feel he will do as a chara. This is torture but good torture. =)

2. MaximusRift
    February 2, 2010 at 11:20 am — Reply

Orem should stay & fight.

Then after he dies, you can start up a whole new campaign. ;D

3. February 2, 2010 at 12:13 pm — Reply

he’s been so brave up til now! if he was going to run, he would have run at the beginning! anyways, what would they do without his snarky comments?

4. That Ninja
    February 2, 2010 at 12:55 pm — Reply

While I believe the character would stay and fight, as previously stated if he was going to run from a fight and abandon his friends, he probably would have done so earlier; however as a player I believe that Steven plans to run away to 1. save his character and 2. allow Rodreigo to continue the narrative with mostly new faces, but a character that has been through these trials to fill in the new crew. So I voted that he will run like the sissy elf (eladren / elf all the same to me) that he is to save his character.

5. David
    February 2, 2010 at 1:32 pm — Reply

I think the best option is to run, take the shortest extended rest possible and go back to save whomoever possible!

6. Ivdar
    February 2, 2010 at 3:02 pm — Reply

Run. It’s obviously one of the things the character could do, but I think it’s also what Orem should do, because it makes for great character development. After all, the heroes are perhaps the only defense against the Void, and Orem’s lack of bravery, lingering distrust of his companions and his sense of duty to his mission and people could very well push him in that direction.

But what happens when the fear subsides, to be replaced by shame and guilt ? I would love to see Orem try to atone, and become more humble and heroic in the process.

Obviously, the rest of the party is probably going to die, but we don’t know what Rodrigo has planned for the rest of the story : maybe some of the characters will die, maybe Orem will have to rescue them…

7. February 2, 2010 at 3:02 pm — Reply

ARGH! I am torn between what I want Orem to do, and what I believe his character were to do! I chose on the poll what I want him to do; stay and fight. However, I also believe that, like Rodrigo said; Orem is smarter than he is anything else, and he would know that he at least must warn others of what is happening. Hopefully, he could come back and save the others, but that’s not realistically likely. However, you never know. If Torq, Randus, Smith and Orem really are “The Fated” then perhaps they will continue their fight in the afterlife! (Are there rules for that in 4e yet?) After all, they know the afterlife is filled with battles right now too!

8. Slappy
    February 2, 2010 at 5:16 pm — Reply

Keep this in mind Orem.
    If Tork Dies, I will get Davy, Mike & George after you along with Abraham, Martin & John as well as the Lawfirm of Robbin, Cheet & Steel.

Think carefully, the life of Tork is in YOUR hands. I will do my best to bring righteous vengeance upon thee for such transgressions.

Please keep in mind that: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

9. Ricco
    February 2, 2010 at 6:07 pm — Reply

While I’m still young enough to feel that a “blaze of glory” type ending would be the only honorable option, I’m smart enough to run like a er… “lady of the night” in order to live to fight another day.

10. GoldConvoy
    February 2, 2010 at 8:15 pm — Reply

I voted run. While I agree with what Stephen said in the podcast, that the character has become attached to his comrades, I think he and Rodrigo also made a good point that as a tactician, Orem wouldn’t necessarily go in with magic missles a-blazing. Unfortunately, I think at least one character will die, but by running at least there is a better chance of the entire party not biting the dust.

11. slimeknight
    February 2, 2010 at 9:53 pm — Reply

The only logical thing is to run away and come back with a full arsenal and possibly some help from the other side

12. Greywolf
    February 2, 2010 at 11:04 pm — Reply

I refuse to accept the no-win scenario. Stay! Fight! Win!

13. UU Jester
    February 3, 2010 at 12:39 am — Reply

I just listened to the next podcast, what I like to call 30 minutes of “Give Me a Guaranteed Answer to What WIll Happen So I Can Make a Freakin’ Decision.”

Gods… I’ve never been more annoyed by a game or a podcast in my life. If I were the game master, I’d have given you 10 minutes to talk about it. AFter the 30th “what if” question, I’d have he monsters pick up your dead companions and beat you to death with them.

IT’S A GAME. NOT REAL. NO DEATH. MAKE A DECISION AND GO WITH IT. Fight or stay– but get on with it.

(This is worse than having to listen to the questions from earlier in the podcast about how D&D works from an on-line gamer perspective.)

• February 3, 2010 at 8:09 am — Reply

Sorry it wasn’t to your liking, fortunately there are listeners who did enjoy it.

• February 4, 2010 at 6:48 am — Reply

Gee, ULU, sorry Stephen’s explaining things for people who don’t fully understand D&D rules isn’t to your liking. I guess you expected everyone who listens to be instant experts who’ve been playing for years. Those of us who’ve had a passing interest in the game but trouble grasping all the nuances appreciate his questions, since he’s asking stuff we’ve wondered for a while. But I think you’re proof right now of what Rodrigo once said – the problem with D&D isn’t the game itself but the players’ bad attitudes.

14. MajorHammer3
    February 3, 2010 at 1:16 pm — Reply

I say stay and fight to the end. If you all die, perhaps Rodrigo will have the party continue on in the underworld and try to stop the void from there. If not, then you get a chance to try some new characters from the PHB3.

15. February 3, 2010 at 2:30 pm — Reply

I’m voting “run” on this one, and I have legitimate reasons for doing so. It’d give a lot of freedom to the writers. Orem could come back at any given time in any given role. That’s deep, ogre.

16. February 3, 2010 at 3:47 pm — Reply

Arrgh! Is the ep up yet? ;)

17. TheTaken
    February 3, 2010 at 7:05 pm — Reply

option 3 – Do nothing (for at least 3 weeks).

18. Bryan
    February 4, 2010 at 4:02 am — Reply

Extended rest, then go check Tork’s pulse. Star Wars needs its C-3PO, even if this particular C-3PO is a badass 3/4 orc.

19. MajorHammer3
    February 5, 2010 at 10:23 am — Reply

How about you record two podcast scenarios.

1) Orem stays and fight
    2) Orem runs.

Then you play the podcast that gets the most votes on your poll.