Review: RoboCop #1

Fantagraphics hosts NEWAVE! The Underground Mini Comix of the 1980s party

1. Ravishing Richie
    January 29, 2010 at 5:55 am — Reply

I’m excited with every new character they reveal. I’m just curious if there will be a monthly fee to play it. I know the regular PSN doesn’t charge anything, but I don’t know if they will require a fee to play this game.

2. usagi
    January 29, 2010 at 8:43 am — Reply

I think you can assume this will follow the same model as WOW, City of Heroes etc and have a monthly cost around $15-20. They’ve invested too much money in development for this to be free.

3. ~wyntermute~
    January 29, 2010 at 5:29 pm — Reply

I’m hoping this has the same model as Dungeons & Dragons Online (free to play a significant portion of the game, pay/subscribe for additional content/account perks/etc). THAT business model has actually encouraged me to 1) play the game and 2) spend money on it when _I_ want to, as opposed to every 30 days cuz Company X says so.

4. websnap
    January 29, 2010 at 5:30 pm — Reply

sony and DC have both said at conventions that there won’t be a monthly fee. Though I guess that could change, I can’t imagine how their business model could have been altered (from when they announced that to now) that would force their hand to charge a fee. Server costs aren’t exactly news so it’s not like the wouldn’t have known from the start of the project.

• ~wyntermute~
      January 29, 2010 at 9:03 pm — Reply

If this is the way it’s gonna be… SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!

5. websnap
    January 29, 2010 at 5:31 pm — Reply

oh, and Zatanna looks phenominal…

6. Jim
    January 29, 2010 at 7:12 pm — Reply

Does this have a release date yet? I seriously cannot wait.

7. January 30, 2010 at 12:14 am — Reply

wow. her chest is actually bigger on the model than the drawing. and yet, even monstrous mammaries do not cancel out the scary face she’s got going on. Oh Sony, giant breasts do not a pretty thing make.

luckily, i’m used to hideous people in american video games. i assume they’ll be too small on the screen to terrify me. I’m dying for this game to be in my grubby hands. I don’t even care if I’m good at playing it, I want to run around Gotham City!

and I heard some Legionnaires are in it.

8. Ravishing Richie
    January 30, 2010 at 8:03 am — Reply

Thanks for the news guys, I hope they have a single player mode. That would be incredible if they have Legion members in it. If they do, I think Ferro lad, Matter Eater Lad and Wildfire should be in it. If they do have any Legion members, it would probably be the founding members.

• January 30, 2010 at 3:28 pm — Reply

Well I know for sure that Brainiac 5 is confirmed. Beyond that, I would think the founders would be the next best bet.

• January 30, 2010 at 5:08 pm — Reply

Mon-El would be a good bet, given he’s just a simple palette swap from Superman… Same probably goes for Wildfire, as pretty much any energy hero will work.

Still, Matter Eater Lad would be AWESOME.

• ~wyntermute~
      January 31, 2010 at 6:32 pm — Reply

How do you work “single-player” into a massively MULTI-PLAYER online actionrpg?

9. xrayguy
    January 30, 2010 at 6:56 pm — Reply

Like the costume, good balance between hot babe and T&A slut.

10. January 31, 2010 at 6:59 pm — Reply

most mmos let you play by yourself or with others, it’s usually way easier with others though. if they’re saying they won’t charge a monthly fee, it might be one of these

-there are premium accounts with benefits (forming a guild, etc)
    -or it could be that you purchase the game for ~40 bucks and that covers it (a la guild wars)
    -or it could be that you pay real money for premium items like most korean/chinese/japanese based rpgs.