This weekend on The Super Hero Squad Show the Red Skull shows up to wish Captain America happy birthday.

The Super Hero Squad Show brings together the Squaddies to take down not one, but two of their powerful arch nemeses. Iconic film star Mark Hamill guest stars as the voice of Red Skull, a super villain who may be arrogant enough to even frustrate Doctor Doom! The most action packed, all-ages adventure of the week teaches the Squad and Lethal Legion that old grudges and evil plots for world domination never die.

Take the jump for more images from the episode.

via Marvel

Wizards of the Coast announce D&D Encounters

Irredeemable Special #1 arrives in April

1. Carl
    January 29, 2010 at 10:43 am — Reply

Mark Hamill may be the star of an iconic film, but I wouldn’t call him an iconic film star. What other movies has he done besides Star Wars? I do enjoy his voice work, however. I’m also enjoying The Super Hero Squad more than I thought. I think it’s because it doesn’t take anything seriously, including its own bad jokes.

• January 29, 2010 at 3:09 pm — Reply

Of course Mark Hammil is an iconic film star – doesn’t everyone remember is work in The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia, Time Runner, and the brilliant Corvette Summer?

• Navarre
        January 29, 2010 at 4:02 pm — Reply

Hey, I loved Corvette Summer. That ‘Vette with the metallic red paint and the left-hand drive? Sweet!

2. January 29, 2010 at 11:25 am — Reply

I just can’t get past the stubby character designs and four fingers to actually watch this show. I love the idea of having nearly the entire Marvel Universe to draw from, though.

One question: How are they doing the Red Skull? I mean, this is a children’s show, and I don’t see the swastika on his arm. You think they’ll allude to his Nazi connections, or will they just make him an evil, stereotypical villian?

3. TaZ
    January 29, 2010 at 2:18 pm — Reply

Is that Nick Fury in the first panel? If so, why is he the African American version (Marvel Ultimates) in this show? I guess since they have the B&W Jack Kirby homage panel on here that the character was in WWII with the campy Cap. Gee…Let’s not bother the kids with the details about the horrors of the Nazis nor the way most black military personnel were treated by their own nation during and after WWII or the long history of Sergeant Fury and the Howling Commandos. Modok as parody is funny. Arnim Zola as a parody isn’t.

4. January 29, 2010 at 3:02 pm — Reply

Nick Fury is African American because the Nick Fury in the Marvel films is Sam Jackson. Since the majority of kids watching this show are going to more familiar with the Sam Jackson Fury, why confuse ’em?