IGN is running a story that tells what’s ahead for Marvel’s Avengers titles in 2010.  The company has decided to cancel all Avengers titles in the wake of the Siege event.

April will see the end of

• Avengers: The Initiative #35
  • Dark Avengers #16
  • Mighty Avengers #36
  • New Avengers #64

If you are concerned, put your money on the square that says a new Avengers titles appears within 12 months.  We’ll have the full Marvel solicitations tomorrow, that will reveal more.  Until then, here’s your chance to comment away.

via IGN

Miki Black is Riot Shell

Sideshow Collectibels shows off new Buffy Summers statue

1. Niall
    January 18, 2010 at 11:59 am — Reply

I’m guessing something along the lines of ‘Avengers UNITED’ will follow soon after?

• January 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm — Reply

That would be my guess…

• Jacin B
      January 19, 2010 at 8:41 am — Reply

Avengers Assembled … ?

2. Carl
    January 18, 2010 at 12:19 pm — Reply

Hopefully, we’ll get to see Clint Barton kick some Bullseye a$$.

3. Navarre
    January 18, 2010 at 1:04 pm — Reply

You know there will be another Avengers title. It’s a given. They will probably start with Issue #1, run for a while, and then pick up with some other numbering.

*groan*

• Greg A
      January 18, 2010 at 2:47 pm — Reply

Given the way Marvel has gone back to the original numbering for titles like Thor, Daredevil and Captain America, it wouldn’t surprise me if Avengers #504(?) didn’t show up in the near future.

• Downbylaw
      January 18, 2010 at 2:48 pm — Reply

With Wolverine on the team nonetheless!

4. Indomitable
    January 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm — Reply

Avengers – Assembled seems an obvious choice. And Siege itself appears to be shaping the roster for the new team.

5. Mijder
    January 18, 2010 at 1:56 pm — Reply

Shame, I was really enjoying what Slott was doing in “Mighty”

6. Brother129
    January 18, 2010 at 2:48 pm — Reply

I think what will be really interesting is to see how they reconcile the fact each of us has an Avengers team that we all favor. If they go to one book (which they should) how will they make all of fanboys happy and minimize the imminent nerd rage. But if I know Marvel, they won’t “cancel” four top selling titles without giving us at least three “new” ones in return. Personally speaking, I think there is a room for kick ass Avengers or teams that Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and the newbies Luke Cage, Spider-Man, and yes, even Wolverine can co-exist on…..

7. TheTaken
    January 18, 2010 at 4:46 pm — Reply

I really enjoy Slott’s ‘Mighty Avengers’. Bendis’s ‘New’ just doesnt do it for me. The plotting is plodding and the writing is just ok. Not work the extra buck marvel charges for anything written by Bendis although I mildly enjoy ‘dark avengers’.

How about Hank Pym being everywhere right now. He is in mighty avengers, new avengers, incredible herc too. Im guessing he plays a big role in Siege and the fallout of.

8. ~wyntermute~
    January 18, 2010 at 6:16 pm — Reply

Is “Mighty” the one with Hank Pym, Cho, Hercules, etc? If so, that’s the one I’m currently a fan of. I figure, therefore, that Pym’s the only one who’ll end up on the “Really New Avengers, We Mean It This Time” team. And that’s only cuz he’s a “founding avenger” in the middle of serious character rehab. Otherwise, he’d be tossed to the curb with Jocasta, Stature & JonasVision (who will, more than likely, be named “Reserve Ultimate New Mighty Avengers” cuz of potential storyline reasons), Cho & Herc (who have their own book) and USAgent (who’s a big jerk best suited for occasional jerkish input). Quicksilver ends up tied into whatever book picks up Wanda’s story, and I think I covered everybody? I mighta missed somebody, but I’m too lazy to find a team roster. :D

9. January 18, 2010 at 6:28 pm — Reply

Great. So what now?

HARDCORE Avengers?

Grey Avengers?

No, this is going to be Marvel Age. Avengers REBORN!! It’s the heroes being heroes! Were back to light! Our heroes are clensed …except for Spider Man who still hasn’t got a clue that he sold his hot wife for his aging aunt who should have died long ago. We’re supposed to turn a blind eye to that.

10. Armaan
    January 18, 2010 at 9:44 pm — Reply

Personally, I hope that the Marvel universe will be without the Avengers for a while. Just to take a breather… I’m kinda sad that an Avenger team didn’t form for Siege, uniting against Loki AND Osborn AND…
    Hm. What’s left of the Cabal? Is the Hood still there?
    Still. The marvel universe will never be right until there is a proper avengers team again. And the kind of heroes you can make statues out of… Look up to, admire… I don’t think Wolverine should be on a new Avengers team. Spiderman, maybe, but not Wolverine… There’s been too much darkness.
    Also, I kinda find comic storylines much more enjoyable when I forget that they’re written by blamable people and just follow the story, whether I hate it or not, what happens should stay happened. Retcons annoy.

11. OS Perry
    January 19, 2010 at 12:28 am — Reply

I know my wallet will welcome fewer Avengers titles.

I agree, dump Wolvie from Avengers. He is everywhere… I’m starting to see the same thing with Deadpool. Will Deadpool be the new Wolverine of this new decade? I hope not.

I’ve liked Dark Avengers, but won’t mourn its loss.

I think an Avengers title, followed up 12 months later, by say a West Coast Avengers…

We need at least 2 titles, dump the rest.

12. Carl
    January 19, 2010 at 8:34 am — Reply

Either Siege will end by forming the new team, or there will be an Avengers: Reborn mini, following it. After that, then new title will be just plain old Avengers (although Mighty Avengers might have a shot since there’s history there). I’m more interested in the lineup, than anything else.

Presumably, we’ll have Cap (one of them), Thor, and Iron Man since a big point of Siege is bringing them back together. I’m not sure how this will work out, since that makes them a bit “leader heavy”. Since a typical Avengers lineup is 6-7 members, that takes 3 spots right there, although perhaps we’ll see some rotation. For the female contingent, I’m guessing Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel since they’re currently the most prominent female Avengers and Wasp is dead at the moment. She-Hulk is possible, but I think she’ll be tied up with the stuff going on with the Hulk.

I’m not sure about who other members might be, but I figure Hawkeye (I refuse to believe Clint won’t be wearing purple when Siege is done), Luke Cage, and Hank Pym are in the running. Some of that depends on who’ll be writing. Also, you always have to leave room for at least one “pet” character of the writer and/or a new creation.

13. Kirtley
    January 26, 2010 at 3:22 am — Reply

I do feel a little bad for Luke Cage, he was really handling business as of late and I feel that if they condense the groups that he’ll go to the wayside. Even if they pull him in, does anything think the writers will give him as much attention as Cap or Stark? I would like to see them do a great reveal of a new title, one that they say will change the face of comics for the foreseeable future: Great Lakes Avengers 2: Electric Boogaloo!

14. Ronell
    February 8, 2010 at 12:13 pm — Reply

Nice to hear that team will be revamp yet again…lol.
    I don’t mine as long as they leave Wolverine out!!!. Please don’t bring him in.
    I would like to see the old shoocl avengers instead…like Hulk, Ant-man, which is now running the mighty Avengers and herc. But this new line up is fine…as long as they leave Wolverine out….PLEASEEEEEEEE