Friday Sing-Along: The Dark Knight is Confused Rap

Dark Horse Comics for April 2010

1. astrodinosaurus
    January 8, 2010 at 2:02 pm — Reply

I see Marvel has a new marketing trick..so how many times will this image be posted on the site?

2. January 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm — Reply

probably until everything is revealed. It really isn’t a new marketing trick, they were doing the same thing leading up to secret invasion with the whole “Whom do you trust” schtick.

3. morpheus
    January 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm — Reply

I know people thought that it was going to be Mimic but I am not seeing it.

4. January 8, 2010 at 2:43 pm — Reply

I’ve not read ultimatum yet as I can only see the hardcover in bookshops in the UK but did nightcrawler die as I reckon he’ll be in that picture.

• astrodinosaurus
      January 8, 2010 at 2:53 pm — Reply

I see the tail and elf-fingers to.

• Jacin B
        January 8, 2010 at 2:56 pm — Reply

I’m not seeing what you see, but I do see Pheonix.

• astrodinosaurus
          January 8, 2010 at 3:52 pm — Reply

Not the flaming figure but the one to the right.

• Jacin B
            January 8, 2010 at 5:39 pm — Reply

Yep, there’s where I’m seeing Pheonix. Next to where you’re seeing fingers (I think), I’m seeing the Pheonix’s head, which is looking to the left with the beak just visible under that flame trail. Her wings extend behind the girl in the jacket and off page to the right. What you’re seeing as Nightcrawler’s tail (I think, sans arrowhead-like tip) could be her belt.

I don’t know who the flaming figure would be then, though …

• khellendro
      January 8, 2010 at 7:52 pm — Reply

Nightcrawler died when the huge wave hit New York.

5. Navarre
    January 8, 2010 at 2:46 pm — Reply

It’s Mimic and Rachel Leigh Cook with extensions. It all makes sense.

6. Salieri
    January 8, 2010 at 3:16 pm — Reply

Well, I still care much less than I understand…

7. ~wyntermute~
    January 8, 2010 at 3:27 pm — Reply

Ultimate X wrestling matches usually have 3 or more participants, so this makes total sense. It’s an intergender Mutant Championship Wrestling comic? (I’m trying to keep the ‘wrestling joke’ alive, even though I can’t take credit for the original idea. ^_^)

8. Navarre
    January 8, 2010 at 3:54 pm — Reply

I wonder what Marvel development meetings are like. I imagine a room full of people, brainstorming on how to involve Wolverine or a Wolverine-like character into the story.

I suspect somewhere on the wall is a large poster of Wolverine with a reminder: “Notice to All Employees: This is our poster-boy. Make it happen, bub!”

They still talk sometimes about that guy who works in the mailroom now; the creative one who went rogue and tried to develop a story that was simply good, regardless of who was on the cover.

• January 9, 2010 at 9:55 am — Reply

More like “This is the new franchise. All others must bow down to him.”

9. Seneca
    January 8, 2010 at 11:54 pm — Reply

Thats not a tail its a loose belt like on a trench coat. Money is on a wolvie/captain A clone instead of mimic.

• astrodinosaurus
      January 9, 2010 at 4:34 am — Reply

Makes sense since I am not to familiar with the Ultimate universe.

@Jacin
      Whos the flaming figure?

10. Zory
    January 9, 2010 at 12:13 am — Reply

199foooourrrr!!!!!!!

11. Ryan
    January 9, 2010 at 6:58 am — Reply

The flaming figure is probably Liz Allen aka Firestar. The figure on the right is probably Ultimate Mimic. I don’t think it’s a tail in the shadow it looks like he is wearing a monk robe and it’s a rope belt of some sorts.

• January 9, 2010 at 9:48 am — Reply

Is there an Ultimate Pete Wisdom?

12. January 9, 2010 at 10:00 am — Reply

You know, I’m going to constructive and say that the blond p.p /w claws is Wildchild of Alpha Strike and Weapon X fame.