Check out this clip from Halo Legends

Top Cow Sneak Peek: The Darkness #82

1. matt
    January 7, 2010 at 11:56 pm — Reply

I’m not going to be surprised if this is a teaser for that Shield series where Davinchi was a member of shield and protected the world against an early coming of galactus

2. January 8, 2010 at 12:49 am — Reply

With that chrome skull sitting there it would be great if the company were going to rest the Ultimate Universe back to the way it was before Ultimatum.

No, it wouldn’t.

It would be ridiculous and asinine.

• January 9, 2010 at 9:57 am — Reply

Ooooo… diss. You gonna take that lying down, Stephen? ;p

• January 9, 2010 at 12:17 pm — Reply

The thing is I’m not the kind of person who is petty enough to publicly criticize those who contribute to the site. Likewise, I also wouldn’t try to constantly put someone down if they were giving me a stipend on a semi-regular basis. But that’s just me… Am I bothered by what Matthew says? No, he has a legitimate point of view, so I don’t consider it a diss.

• January 9, 2010 at 5:55 pm — Reply

Indeed… I certainly meant no ill will to Stephen with my remarks, as much as I honestly feel that reboots are a difficult business, and that undermining a reboot a mere five or six months later would truly be a bad idea. Stephen’s allegiance and love for the Ultimate universe weren’t meant to be the target of my snottiness. The Ultimate Universe itself was the target of my snottiness.

And it should be noted that, while we take shots at one another and squabble like brothers, Steve and I really like each other just fine. We have known one another for nearly 20 years, after all, and we’ve been collaborating on the website for going on half a decade now. I respect his opinions, and I think that our relative strengths complement each other in ways that improve both our work… Also: I’m not entirely sure what a stipend is, but the Bank of Luthor probably does. :)

3. Bernhard
    January 8, 2010 at 1:09 am — Reply

The whole ‘Galactus’ thing doesn’t make any sense in relation to the Ultimate universe anyway.

4. Navarre
    January 8, 2010 at 9:10 am — Reply

Those are Infinity Gems on the image?

5. Vamuli
    January 8, 2010 at 9:21 am — Reply

I would guess they are infinity gems as well and the skull first made me think of silver surfer

6. Ricco
    January 8, 2010 at 10:14 am — Reply

The reality and soul gem, a silver skull and Divinci Galactus… Really couldn’t care less, is Galactus even a threat anymore? Can’t the Sentry single-handdly kick is butt? If it brings back Thanos, the mad titan, I might be interested but Galactus has been done to death.

Were are the gems anyway? They were last seen in Pet Avengers I think.

P.S.- He might fit in “Realm of Kings”, he was part of “Annihilation: Conquest”, they could send him in the fault.

7. Navarre
    January 8, 2010 at 11:04 am — Reply

The reality and soul gems would open up some possibilities for an event.

There is the fault going on in the Guardians of the Galaxy and, with Phyla-Vell being the avatar for Oblivion, there would be a way to work Galactus in.

8. Ivdar
    January 8, 2010 at 12:23 pm — Reply

Last I heard, the Infinity Gems were each in the posession of one of the Illuminati (Iron Man, Stephen Strange, Charles Xavier, Namor, Reed Richards). Each of them keeps his gem hidden from the others and the rest of the universe, and has sworn never to use it.

• Brent
      January 8, 2010 at 3:30 pm — Reply

I never understood why the Illuminati thinks storing all the gems on EARTH, albeit hidden from each other, is a good idea.

I thought the Gold object might be a Phoenix egg, but then what’s the other one…the Robin’s Egg blue one…are you hiding in there Jason Todd?

• Ivdar
        January 8, 2010 at 5:31 pm — Reply

I thought it was actually clever of Bendis to feature these characters thinking proactively, for once. As Reed put it, “Last time the gems were put together, I CEASED TO EXIST. I’m sorry if I seem overly concerned”. Heh. Makes sense that being supposedly the smartest people in the superhero community, those guys would seek durable solutions to such an enormous problem.

The trick is, with these cosmic doohickeys, there’s not much you can do if you’re a puny human. And even if you’re a cosmic badass, you’re bound by the rules of the cosmos who say you have to sit on your ass while Galactus munches on a planet. So in the end, there’s not much you can do.

I wonder what that event will be ? With all the cosmic elements, it’s possible it’s the next thing to happen in the wacky space corner of the Marvel U (in SPAAAAAACE).

Or maybe it’ll be someone on Earth (among the Illuminati ?) who’ll try to do something about all these phenomenal cosmic menaces. You know “For I don’t know how many crossover events, these cosmic dorks and their ridiculous hats have been treating this planet like their personal yoyo. Well I say no more ! I say it’s time to save the world.”

Oh and I forgot Black Bolt. How could I ? I just hate myself…

9. Baron of chaos
    January 9, 2010 at 6:58 am — Reply

I think that possibilities are actually interesting.
    Fist there is chance that Galactus will return to be the BADASS, DEFINITIVE UNSTOPABLE MENACE of Marvel Universe. In Annihilation Saga he shown how frickin powerful he is(he wiped out almost all Annnihilation wave and good chunk of a solar system, in few seconds). Would be nice seeing him going medieval on Earth, no cheats , no watcher handing overpowerfull weapons to mortals, no starved to death galactus, no cosmic being breaking the rules just for humankind(according to Eternals comic book this had been quite common amongst cosmic entities, everyone is gay for humankind). Let’s see how the heroes and villain and common men of Earth 616 fare against a pissed off, very willig to make earth a big mac, Galactus.
    And Second is interesting see the infinity gems being usede again, expecially the Reality and Soul gems…hmmm now thinking about relaity gem made me wonder about a possible tie between Sentry and the Reality gem.

10. January 9, 2010 at 10:02 am — Reply

Hey! It’s that universal reset button we’ve been waiting for! ;p

I was joking, but it is a possibility.

11. matt
    January 10, 2010 at 1:36 am — Reply

Im sorry I’ll say it again…isn’t this a teaser for Hickman’s Shield Mini Series starting in April. This has nothing to do with current marvel. Google Hickman’s Shield Mini, they talk about davinchi being an early member and it having to do with galactus…

12. January 11, 2010 at 12:46 am — Reply

This is going to be just plain bad. I am so over Marvel limited series.