Going planet side in Star Trek MMO

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Skottie Young

1. January 7, 2010 at 1:58 pm — Reply

Remember when they where called “advertisements” instead of teaser images?

2. Navarre
    January 7, 2010 at 2:01 pm — Reply

Remember when every character wasn’t Wolverine or like-Wolverine?

Another person with claws. Even if it is mimicry power or something, I am uninterested.

3. Seneca
    January 7, 2010 at 2:02 pm — Reply

I would say its Mimic.

• thundershark
      January 8, 2010 at 8:18 am — Reply

Yup, I agree he’s got blonde hair plus the silhouette of wings in the backdrop pretty much point to him being ‘Mimic’ similar to the one shown in the Exiles.

4. Seneca
    January 7, 2010 at 2:04 pm — Reply

Its a teaser because there are two other figures in the background that you cant see, looks like a flaming lady and a giant bird. Probably a bird-man.

• astrodinosaurus
      January 7, 2010 at 2:37 pm — Reply

Nope the wings belong to the foreground characters..its Mimic. And I believe there could be 4 hidden characters.

5. Carl
    January 7, 2010 at 2:13 pm — Reply

I was thinking Mimic, as well.

6. Alvarlux
    January 7, 2010 at 2:20 pm — Reply

Looks like Angel (warren worthington)was pulled into the ultimate universe’s weapon X program.

• Alvarlux
      January 7, 2010 at 2:35 pm — Reply

Rewind! After seeing the other posts, I agree it’s Mimic and in the background probably Dark Beast. the long line likes like someone flying… Maybe Michael Pointer?

7. Navarre
    January 7, 2010 at 2:31 pm — Reply

Yes, Mimic is the first person I thought of.

Maybe not such a teaser after all.

8. Ed
    January 7, 2010 at 3:01 pm — Reply

a TNA wrestling match? That was for you Matthew…

• ~wyntermute~
      January 7, 2010 at 7:13 pm — Reply

HA!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH~!!~! BWA HA HA, even!! :D I mean it, too! When I saw this msg I could scarcely believe I hadn’t seen that joke coming at all, since I’m conversant in modern wrestling (yeah, I’m a multidisciplinary geek). But I didn’t, and credit must go to you. Well played, sirrah! >_<

9. RPG
    January 7, 2010 at 4:11 pm — Reply

There are 4 ninjas hiding in this picture…

10. Downbylaw
    January 7, 2010 at 6:06 pm — Reply

My vote Mimic…ugh.

11. January 7, 2010 at 7:11 pm — Reply

Yeah. It’s Mimic alright. Too bad that they can’t promote him with out making allusions to Wolverine.

12. Seneca
    January 7, 2010 at 7:43 pm — Reply

Those are not mimic’s wings, if they were they would be covering up the face of the woman behind Mimic. You wouldn’t be able to see who she is. No those wings belong to the guy on the right and the woman is between mimic and the guys wings.

13. Seneca
    January 7, 2010 at 7:51 pm — Reply

Theres speculation that the foreground character is a captain America/wolverine clone, a true super soldier. The winged figure is either ultimate beak or ultimate angel. flaming female could be firestar, and full head of hair suggests phoenix.

14. TheTaken
    January 7, 2010 at 9:24 pm — Reply

Wade Wilson!!!! with claws!!!!! Yea Deadpool!!!

15. khellendro
    January 7, 2010 at 10:33 pm — Reply

Well it shouldn’t be Warren (Angel) as he was killed and somewhat eaten by Sabertooth in Ultimatum. The human torch might be involved (from the looks of the fire like trail, but he is living with Peter Parker and bunch of other young people.

And I don’t know if its me or are those claws tan in color and not shiny metallic. Id go with another Steve Rogers kid or clone.

16. Jason
    January 7, 2010 at 11:53 pm — Reply

No, Captain America’s son became the Ultimate Red Skull.

Mimic seems about right. It’s not Wolverine’s face (and he’s dead isn’t he (though that doesn’t mean much to Marvel)) and those don’t look like metal claws.

A mutant/metahuman with the powers of the deceased X-Men would be a handy fill in for the missing mutants.