2009 is quickly winding down, and it’s time for YOU, the Legion of Major Spoilerites to tell us, what was great of 2009.  We want you to participate in the upcoming Best (and worst) of 2009 episode of the Major Spoilers podcast, and there are three ways you can do it.

• Head over to the Major Spoilers Forum and continue the discussion that was started a month or so ago
  • Post your comments below in the comment section
  • OR, what we would prefer you do – Call the Major Spoilers Hotline at 785 727 1939 and leave a message!

The last show of the year will be all about you telling us what you liked and disliked, and we want A TON of feedback and input for the episode.  Anything goes from comics, movies, television, podcasts – anything pop culture related!

So what are you waiting for?  You’re a bunch of highly knowledgeable and opinionated readers of this site, so here’s the chance for your voice to be heard in the Major Spoilers Podcast!

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Image Comics for March 2010

Avatar finishes at the top

1. Navarre
    December 21, 2009 at 1:08 pm — Reply

My message has been left for you. I await my 60 seconds of fame.

Rock on, Major Spoilers! Happy 2010!

2. J Michael T
    December 21, 2009 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Best:

Discovering Major Spoilers
    Irredeemable
    The Critical Hits podcast

Worst:

the tv show Heroes (sorry folks)
    BSG series going off the air :-(
    Reality Tv taking over!

• Navarre
      December 21, 2009 at 2:38 pm — Reply

I can only agree with you on Season 2 and 3 of Heroes. Season 4 has been quite good.

3. J Michael T
    December 22, 2009 at 10:00 am — Reply

Guess I gave up on it one season too soon. But now I can’t get motivated to pick it back up. Maybe I’ll let TiVo do it.

• Navarre
      December 22, 2009 at 10:38 am — Reply

Season 4 is worth the watch. But I can’t blame you for giving up hope by the time Season 3 was over.

4. J Michael T
    December 25, 2009 at 10:54 am — Reply

One more for “best of”… Heavyink.com tpb subscription service! Love it!

5. Ricco
    December 25, 2009 at 2:47 pm — Reply

Best:
    “Rodrigo: These steps… God I’ll kill you, I swear I’m just gonna go on a slapping spree.
    Stephen: A last D&D Brian I knew ye well.
    Matthew: remember faithfull spoilerites if Brian screws up again, you have a a chance to take his place at the table, send your emails to majorspoilerspodacast.com!”

Close second: all comics with Deadpool.

Worst:
    Anything and everything having to do with the Hulk.

6. astrodinosaurus
    December 25, 2009 at 6:21 pm — Reply

Movies:
    -Best- District 9…marvellous in every single way.
    Honourable mentions: Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes and Moon(AND NOT THE “NEW” KIND)
    -Worst- Transformers II..and I only watched it because I had to take my younger brother to the movies on his birthday.

TV:
    -Best- Dexter season 4…The way the season ended will gut your mindhole.
    Honourable mentions: Community..just plain old fun and Breaking Bad.. cause you don’t hear lines like “YAY Mr White, YAY Science” nearly enough.
    -Worst- Dollhouse…meh

Comics:
    -Best-Batman and Robin..? Hard to say really.
    Honourable mentions: Everything Invincible, incognito and Incorruptable..also individual parts of Dark Reign.
    -Worst- I don’t think I “get” Blackest Night…

• astrodinosaurus
      December 28, 2009 at 1:39 am — Reply

I should add that Invincible Ironman is also on the I liked list..which is full of “I’s” And everything Deadpool was enjoyable as well.

7. Kevin
    December 27, 2009 at 11:06 pm — Reply

Movies:
    Best: Star Trek.
    Honorable Mentions: Watchmen, District 9, Where the Wild Things Are, Zombieland
    Worst: Knowing.

TV:
    Best: Battlestar Galactica.
    Honorable Mentions: Kings, Supernatural, Fringe, Sons of Anarchy, Rescue Me, Southland, Prison Break, Hung, The Spectacular Spider-Man, The Colbert Report
    Worst: Heroes, Grey’s Anatomy, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, House, Private Practice, The Big Bang Theory, FlashForward

Comics:
    Best: The Unwritten
    Honorable Mentions: Doktor Sleepless, Sweet Tooth, The Nobody, Ex Machina, Unknown Soldier, Fantastic Four, Batman and Robin, SWORD, Spider-Woman, Secret Warriors, Astonishing X-Men, Azrael, Exiles, Immortal Iron Fist, The Walking Dead, House of Mystery, Detective Comics, Kick-Ass, Mice Templar, Madame Xanadu, Bad Dog, Thor, Incredible Hulk, Mighty Avengers, Avengers: The Initiative, Fables, Jack of Fables, Invincible, Astounding Wolf-Man, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century 1910, Deadpool, Sub-Mariner: The Depths
    Worst: Green Lantern, Flash: Rebirth, Blackest Night and related material, Uncanny X-Men, Invincible Iron Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Red Robin, Hulk, Ultimatum, Irredeemable, New Mutants, Green Lantern Corps, Batman: Streets of Gotham, Final Crisis and related material, Haunt, Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural, Black Panther, Vengeance of the Moon Knight

8. December 28, 2009 at 12:59 am — Reply

I called and left a message somewhat hurriedly.

Nevertheless, might as well attack from two points:

My bests:
    Asterios Polyp, The Life and Times of Savior 28, Donatello: The Brain Thief, Batwoman in Detective Comics, and all of Tristan Jones’ penned issues of Tales of the TMNT.

9. Matthew Guy
    December 28, 2009 at 1:19 am — Reply

Best:
    anything by Geoff Johns
    Detective Comics & Action Comics by Greg Rucka
    Hickman/Eaglesham new run on FF

Worst
    the end of Final Crisis & Batman & Robin 1-3 great 4-6 not so great artwise
    EVS on Flash Rebirth he is SLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All things Jeph Loeb at Marvel

10. Navarre
    December 28, 2009 at 10:02 am — Reply

Best:
    The return of Steve Rogers
    Illyana and her supporting cast in New Mutants
    Dark Reign winding down
    The new, non-doormat Cyclops

Worst:
    Final Crisis
    $3.99 comic books
    Kitty Pryde isn’t back yet

11. J Michael T
    December 28, 2009 at 11:02 am — Reply

Best (movie): The Hangover (unexpectedly funny!)

12. December 28, 2009 at 4:59 pm — Reply

Movies:
    Inglourious Basterds was my favourite movie of the year (much, much better than Tarantino’s last film, Death Proof)
    District 9 was very good.
    Star Trek was also a lot of fun.

Worst Movie of the year for me was probably Capitalism: A Love Story (I almost fell asleep in the cinema; his populism is getting on my nerves).

TV:
    The third season of The IT Crowd was excellent.
    The ending of BSG worked okay for me.
    I’m still eagerly awaiting the next Lost episodes.
    Big Bang Theory regularly makes me laugh.
    How I Met Your Mother is still good, but is starting to get a bit tiresome.
    Dexter season 4 was good (though not as good as the first two seasons); I will keep watching it.

Comics:
    I am a bit ashamed that I didn’t read any current comics this year (I only restarted reading comics a few years ago and I still have a lot of catching up to do).
    The best comics I actually read this year were/are M.O.D.O.K.’s 11 and Peter David’s X-Factor.

13. Navarre
    December 29, 2009 at 6:26 pm — Reply

Has this podcast already happened or is it upcoming?

• astrodinosaurus
      December 29, 2009 at 6:51 pm — Reply

Depends on if you are future people or regular people ;)
      Its upcoming.

14. Navarre
    December 30, 2009 at 7:11 am — Reply

I’m regular people. I see that it has arrived.

I’m just too impatient. … Man, it took way too long to write this!