A Midsummer's Podcast

In this issue: Zombie Blue Beetle, Angelus returns, Mark Waid is Incorruptible and The Super Friends forget they are friends, and forget they are super heroes. It’s all in the latest installment of the Major Spoilers Podcast!

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers160.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Show Notes after the Jump!

NEWS
What are you looking forward to this week?
Linkage
Best of 2009
Linkage

REVIEWS
Rodrigo
Angelus #1
(W) Ron Marz
(A) Stjepan Sejic
(Cov) Stjepan Sejic, Eric Basaldua
Taking flight from the pages of “War of the Witchblades”! Danielle Baptiste returns home to New Orleans to come to grips with her new role as the Angelus, the human bearer of the primal force of Light. To complicate matters she must sort out her undefined relationship with Finch while maintaining control of the Angelus host, some of whom covet her power.

Stephen
Booster Gold #27
Written by Dan Jurgens; Art and cover by Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund
Black Lantern Ted Kord is out for blood in this BLACKEST NIGHT tie-in issue! Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes joins forces with Booster Gold in an attempt to take down Black Lantern Ted Kord once and for all. But the battle will have consequences for the Blue and the Gold, and Booster and Beetle’s lives will be forever changed!

Matthew
INCORRUPTIBLE #1
Written by Mark Waid
Drawn by Jean Diaz
COVER A: John Cassaday
COVER B: Tim Sale
COVER C: Jeffrey Spokes
Last April BOOM! Studios showed the world that MARK WAID IS EVIL with the smash-hit series IRREDEEMABLE. This December, BOOM! shows the world that Mark Waid is now… INCORRUPTIBLE! Super villain Max Damage had an epiphany the day The Plutonian destroyed Sky City. When The Plutonian turned his back on humanity, Max Damage decided to step up. Now Max Damage has changed his name to Max Daring and turned from his formerly selfish ways to become… INCORRUPTIBLE.

MAJOR SPOILERS POLL OF THE WEEK
How would you rate DC’s Blackest Night event so far?
Loving every minute of it
It’s good, but not the top of my stack
Too many tie-ins, I’m only buying the main title
I hate it
I haven’t read any of it

Get over to the Major Spoilers Website and vote.

MAJOR SPOILERS DISCUSSION: A Midsummer’s Nightmare
Something is wrong with DC’s classic heroes. Each has forgotten the life in which he or she wore a flamboyant costume and protected the weak with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Even stranger, ordinary people everywhere are gaining their own powers in an insidious plan to cultivate Earth’s population as a race of super-soldiers.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Music from this episode comes from Armin Brewer (intro) and James Kennison (closing) from the Nobody’s Listening Podcast. A big thanks to both of these guys for creating kick-ass music for the show!

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Mark Bagley covers Justice League of America #43

Iron Man 2 video game trailer arrives

1. lifeisaglitch
    December 16, 2009 at 12:18 pm — Reply

Oh Schleicher you..you..YOU SKANK!
    Now that’s outta the way I have a message for the residents of the luxurious Spoiler Manor.

When are we gonna see an All-Star Superman review from you guys?
    That would be awesome just as awesome doing one of TOM STRONG!
    You know like a Christmas present.

Signed all the little sick street urchins

• December 16, 2009 at 12:48 pm — Reply

Oh, it is on! Seriously, it’s all in fun from my end :D

I looked down the list and All-Star Superman and Tom Strong are both on the list, but not before the end of the year. Those who pay special attention to certain episodes have an idea of where we stand for the next couple of weeks.
      December 22: Squadron Supreme
      December 26: Christmas Special Topic
      December 29: Best of 2009 (did you post on the forum yet?)
      January 2: What’s ahead in 2010

All of these will be sans Rodrigo, as he is going on his yearly trek to the great white north to spend the holidays with his family.

Wanna be on the show? Better call the Major Spoilers hotline, or better yet, record your thoughts and send them our way to be included in the December 29, and January 2 shows.

Oh, crappit! I think I just spoilered our upcoming shows… sorry about that ‘glitch ;)

• December 16, 2009 at 12:51 pm — Reply

Just be glad I haven’t spoiled the awesome and not so awesome things coming up in the Critical Hit podcast…

• astrodinosaurus
          December 16, 2009 at 1:31 pm — Reply

Doing a show On The Squadron Supreme has appeased me. I will bless the website with mild weather and less earthquakes. It is off* for now…
          And good to know they(All-Star Strongman and Super Tom) are on the list.

in other news…

So do you have a holiday replacement for Rodrigo? Maybe some friends from the super-future or perhaps a Skrull? The show just works better with a 3-5 panel.

Oh and its still me(glitch) but with a much more batman(Its an adjective now) name.

• December 16, 2009 at 4:15 pm — Reply

We might. I have to make a few phone calls.
            That being said, the Best of 2009 show almost doesn’t need a third wheel IF enough Spoilerites start sending in their audio comments NOW!

• vistapa
        December 16, 2009 at 8:15 pm — Reply

So, no Planetary podcast in the foreseeable future :(

BTW

Matthew, it’s your birthday
        God bless you this day
        You gave me the gift of endless pop culture references
        And I’m proud of you today

• December 17, 2009 at 8:09 pm — Reply

So, no Planetary podcast in the foreseeable future :(

Steve! Add Planetary to the rosterrrr!

2. morpheus
    December 16, 2009 at 1:35 pm — Reply

I would like to commend Matthew on his open. Those have become one of my favorite parts of the show and this weeks is second to none!

• astrodinosaurus
      December 16, 2009 at 1:49 pm — Reply

Oh Hell how could I forget that!
      That was perfect and just one ukulele from being batman (Yes batman is post-perfect)

• Ricco
      December 16, 2009 at 4:17 pm — Reply

Wait, there’s more to the show then Matthew’s opening? Gotta go re-hear them podcast now…

• December 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm — Reply

Please don’t feed the monkey… it only makes it worse…

• Ricco
          December 16, 2009 at 4:27 pm — Reply

How can it be worse? He never lets you or Rodrigo get a full sentence out without adding a comment or mocking you guys. Of course its hilarious(specialy since Rodrigo forgets what he was saying half the time)and one of the reasons I hear the podcasts to begin with.

• December 17, 2009 at 8:15 pm — Reply

Rodrigo doesn’t forget what he’s saying… He just doesn’t finish when I interrupt, to punish me. :)

And as for Stephen, he and I have a workable rhythm wherein he gets to be Mr. Icicle, he’s Mr. Snow. He’s Mr. White Christmas, He’s Mister 10 Below.
            I, for my part, am Mr. Green Christmas. I’m Mr. Sun. I’m Mr. Heat Blister, I’m Mr. Hundred and One…
            It’s a balance that works.

3. dwashba
    December 16, 2009 at 6:44 pm — Reply

If Rodrigo’s going to be gone make him send in a sound clip to the Major Spoilers podcast.

4. Ricco
    December 19, 2009 at 9:36 am — Reply

Because I’m sure everyone is already thinking about it anyway:

“Max Damage! Is a man, whose name you’d love to touch! But.You.Mustn’t.Touchhhh! His name sounds good in you ear, but you know you mustn’t fear, ‘cuz his naaame can be said by anyoneee!”

5. aerspyder
    December 28, 2009 at 8:06 am — Reply

Sorry, I’m a little behind due to the holiday’s but during the tpb review. Matthew kept saying SEVEN. Superman – 1, Batman – 2, WW – 3, Flash – 4, GL – 5, Aquaman – 6. Am I missing a character?

• December 29, 2009 at 7:49 pm — Reply

Yep. The Martian Manhunter was the seventh member of the League, in it’s original incarnation, and here.