This week on the Major Spoilers Podcast, Matthew, Rodrigo, and Stephen take a gander at Darick Robertson’s Justice League – A Midsummer’s Nightmare.

Something is wrong with DC’s classic heroes. Each has forgotten the life in which he or she wore a flamboyant costume and protected the weak with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Even stranger, ordinary people everywhere are gaining their own powers in an insidious plan to cultivate Earth’s population as a race of super-soldiers.

As always, the Major Spoilers Podcast is nothing without comments from great readers and listeners like you. You can use the comment section below, drop us a voice mail by calling (785) 727-1939, or record your comments and send it as an MP3 file in an email to

Here’s your chance to be heard on the show! Give us your thoughts on this trade paperback, or if you want to share your thoughts on the state of the comic book industry, or anything else that might be on your mind drop us a line. Only the most awesome comments (good or bad) make it on the show, so get your stuff to us right away!

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Keron Grant

Kick-Ass Big Daddy revealed

1. December 14, 2009 at 8:00 pm — Reply

I read this when it first came out, and remember liking it enough to interest me in the new Grant Morrison JLA title that launched in it’s wake. This was the series that reunited the ‘Big 7’ for the Morrison run if I recall correctly.

2. Greg A
    December 15, 2009 at 8:25 am — Reply

I pride myself on having a pretty close to photographic memory when it comes to comic books. Show me a cover of a title I’ve read and I can tell you a detailed synopsis of it, even years after reading the title. It’s the reason why I have a hard time remembering what I need to pick up at the grocery store.

Anyway, I cannot recall a single detail about this mini-series. Aren’t the Big Seven trapped in an alternate version of theirs lives or am I confusing it with Morrison’s JLA storyline where Green Arrow II joined the League. I think it foreshadowed some great event that would eventually occur in Morrison’s JLA run, but other than that I have nothing.

3. December 15, 2009 at 10:49 am — Reply

Ack!!! That hair!!!!! Run for your lives — the JLA with big hair!!!!!

I thought the 90s were the era of straight, sleek hair — why was the JLA stuck in the 80s? Were they a moonlighting as a glam rock/hair metal band?

• Dave
      December 15, 2009 at 7:27 pm — Reply

Yeah, I don’t miss mullett Superman or big whore hair Wonder Woman. Yikes.

• December 15, 2009 at 9:42 pm — Reply

I don’t even want to think about what Bruce was wearing under his hood!!!!

• December 17, 2009 at 8:44 pm — Reply

Yeah, I don’t miss mullett Superman or big whore hair Wonder Woman. Yikes.

And I said,