After Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul leave Adventure Comics, plans are in place for a four-issue arc that kicks off the next big Superman event.  DC Comics announced Brainiac & The Legion of Super-Heroes by James Robinson and Julian Lopez.

James Robinson & Julian Lopez will provide a 10-page story about the Legion members who are in the 21st Century; Sterling Gates & Clayton Henry will provide a 10-pager about the Legion in the 31st Century; and Eric Trautmann & DC newcomer Pier Gallo (wait till you see this guy’s stuff!) will provide a 10-pager about General Lane’s Human Defense Corps.

Finally some answers to what happened to those lost Legion members.  Brainiac & the Legion of Super-Heroes will run through Adventure Comics, Superman, Supergirl, and one other title to be named in March, that will lead to the big Superman event this summer.  I really got a kick out of the Lightning Saga story, and now that we have some idea of where the Legion stands following Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds saga, this could be the start of much more Superman/Legion comic books.

Since Paul Levitz announced his return to writing for DC, anyone else thinking that To Be Named Title in March, just might be a new Legion of Super-Heroes book?

via The Source

Major Spoilers Adventures #20: Phrased Out?

Friday Sing-Along: Bohemian Rhapsody

1. Sean
    December 4, 2009 at 11:30 am — Reply

This is kind of a disappointment because given the cost of comics, I’m likely going to drop Adventure and not follow this multi-title storyline. I was looking forward to the return of the old school Legion but if it’s going to be a Superman tie-in title, at least initially, I’m going to have to give it a pass, at least until it stands on its own.

2. Navarre
    December 4, 2009 at 12:23 pm — Reply

A new, and well-written, Legion title would be full of 31st Century awesome!

3. BallsMonkey
    December 4, 2009 at 1:12 pm — Reply

God Francis’ art is awesome.

4. Ricco
    December 4, 2009 at 1:17 pm — Reply

This explains the huge “HELL YEAH!” I heard this morning, who knew Matthew could yell that loud…

• December 4, 2009 at 6:21 pm — Reply

I had the same reaction as Matthew when I saw the news just now — I think my neighbors are gathering outside to make sure I’m okay LOL Couldn’t be better!!!!!

5. shamon
    December 4, 2009 at 2:00 pm — Reply

Presumably the Brainiac in question will be Vril and not Querl but at least if might finally give a reason for why they are there in the first place.

presumably it will involve Lane in someway.
    I would hazard a guess that at some point Brainiac will start collecting cities again and this will be a battle to get them back which will probably also lead the to the various Legionnaires homeworlds being seeded in the role previously undertaken by Valor.
    So I expect the Legionnaires are there to ensure the correct worlds get seeded with the correct bottles.

• December 4, 2009 at 6:29 pm — Reply

Any chance Gen. Lane will turn out to be Chameleon King?

6. Slappy
    December 4, 2009 at 3:34 pm — Reply

I like Jeckies rack and her Power Girl inspired clevage. Never thought of her as clecage lass before this pic.

7. December 4, 2009 at 4:35 pm — Reply

I hope the “To Be Announced” is a new Legion ongoing.

I actually like Sensor’s cleavage-tastic redesign. The bare-skin and white portions make it similar in tone to her Grell/Cockrum 70s costume where she had a neckline down below her navel, so it works for her.

• December 4, 2009 at 6:23 pm — Reply

I wondered if that costume was supposed to be a mix of her two costumes. I might be the only person who never liked her Sensor costume (and I still hate the mask), so I’m pleased to see the modification.

And Brin with a beard — lookin’ fine!!!!

8. Ocho
    December 4, 2009 at 6:10 pm — Reply

Hot Damn!

9. Salieri
    December 4, 2009 at 7:14 pm — Reply

10. December 5, 2009 at 12:29 am — Reply

Jeckie has been one of the more obviously naked Legionnaires for some time, to wit:

• December 5, 2009 at 11:55 am — Reply

And that Sensor Girl costume was too dated — those 1980s shoulder pads and that button-up placket over her chest and that God-awful belt. You know Michael Kors and Nina Garcia would have plenty of contemptuous things to say about that hideous design — it’s a bad Joan Crawford pantsuit–with a cape!!

11. Silver Age lad
    December 11, 2009 at 8:49 am — Reply

Check out R.E.B.E.L.S. 11 it shows a preview of Brainiacs 1, 2 and 5 together.

Presumably the 4th Brainiac/LSH book is R.E.B.E.L.S.