msp156banner_1.jpg

In this issue: Babes, Bullets, and Bedlam as the Major Spoilers Crew take a look at Frank Miller’s Sin City: The Hard Goodbye. Plus: The Incredible Hercules, Superman: Secret Origins, and the Dingo. AND: Do you bag and board, or are you going to make Matthew hunt you down and knock some sense into you? It’s all part of the Major Spoilers Podcast!

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers_156.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Show Notes after the Jump!

NEWS

Rodrigo
DINGO #1
Written by Michael Alan Nelson
Drawn by Francesco Biagini
COVER A: Tim Bradstreet
COVER B: Francesco Biagini
A bold new mini from the writer of the best-selling FALL OF CTHULHU and the critically acclaimed series HEXED! A supernatural crime story in the vein of 100 BULLETS — a man named Dingo who’s after only one thing: a box. And he’ll stop at nothing to obtain it, no matter how many bad men get in his way. But the real question is, what’s in the box? And why is Dingo willing to kill to get it back? A rough-and-tumble thriller with a hint of the unearthly and a pinch of something nasty…

Stephen
Superman: Secret Origin #3
Written by Geoff Johns; Art by Gary Frank and Jon Sibal; Covers by Gary Frank

So long, Smallville; hello, Metropolis! Join Geoff Johns and Gary Frank as they explore a very different Metropolis from the one we currently know – one that has yet to experience life with Superman as its protector. Witness the transformative power one person can have on a city as young Clark Kent joins The Daily Planet, and Superman takes to the skies and gives everyone a reason to look up. Over the years, Superman has come to mean everything to Metropolis, but be here to learn why Metropolis means everything to Superman!

Matthew
INCREDIBLE HERCULES #138
Written by GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE
Penciled by RODNEY BUCHEMI

A battle of god-like proportions begins…right now! For months, the signs have been all over the Marvel Universe… The tension has been rising… All pointing to a single question: “What is CONTINUUM?” The answer turns out to be so deadly, so horrifying, that it will alter the course of the MU forever — unless Hercules and the New and Mighty Avengers can stop it in time… but standing in their way is the fighting-mad ARES, God of War! “And, in our backup tale, there’s no love for Venus as Aphrodite’s rain of pain continues to pour on the Agents of Atlas!”

MAJOR SPOILERS POLL OF THE WEEK
What do you do with your comics?
Bag and Board
Bag only
In boxes, but no protection
Leave ‘em where they lay
Trash or donate

Get over to the Major Spoilers Website and vote.

MAJOR SPOILERS DISCUSSION: Sin City: The Hard Goodbye
The Hard Goodbye takes place in Sin City – a land as tough as leather and as dry as timber. Love is the fuel, and the now-infamous character Marv has the match, not to mention a “condition.” He’s gunning after Goldie’s killer and it’s time to watch this town burn.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Music from this episode comes from Armin Brewer (intro) and James Kennison (closing) from the Nobody’s Listening Podcast. A big thanks to both of these guys for creating kick-ass music for the show!

Titan Publishing gets in the ring with the WWE (Comics)

Interview: Frank O'Connor on Halo Legends

1. J Michael T
    December 2, 2009 at 6:30 pm — Reply

Funny. This is the first podcast which has discouraged me from buying a trade paperback. I have been sampling some of the works which I have missed after a break from comics, and because of your podcasts, have found great jewels (Watchmen, Astro City, Irredeemable, others). Thanks for the great work and for the opportunity to be selective which you have given me. Nothing against fans of Sin City. Just didnt sound like my cup of tea. :-)

2. Ricco
    December 2, 2009 at 6:48 pm — Reply

Great show, thou I disagree with Matthew’s opinion on Sin City, by the way someone from UPS will come by to take your “World Greatest Geek” trophy in the morning.

There is ONE heroic character in the Sin City universe, Wallace, the hero from Hell and Back aka a Sin City Love Story. This one even has a happy ending!

Will you guys talk about the current Marvel event: “X-Men: Blackest Night Envy” next week? It has zombies in it.

P.S.- I think they finally decided to call it Necrosha or something…

3. December 2, 2009 at 7:49 pm — Reply

Is it just me, or do I sound a little bit drunk throughout the entire first segment?

• December 2, 2009 at 9:34 pm — Reply

You always sound “a bit drunk” we just chalk it up to hitting the bottle before the show as a way to burn off your stress from your day job. Me, I hit the caffeine drinks…

• December 3, 2009 at 10:28 am — Reply

Yeah, but usually I find myself hyper and strident, but this whole first segment I seemed to be loopy as a loon, flipping from topic to topic like a college girl trying to get on “Girls Gone Wild.” Weird…

4. December 2, 2009 at 7:50 pm — Reply

They better bring a sack lunch and a friend, because that’s gonna be a long fight.

• December 2, 2009 at 9:32 pm — Reply

As I pointed out in the show, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Rodrigo and I enjoyed the series and think it is worth a read. Matthew didn’t like it, and that’s his opinion. There’s no right or wrong, just those who love the medium giving their opinions.

• December 3, 2009 at 10:32 am — Reply

And there are a few comic book topics which I tend to avoid for just this reason. :)

Sin City is one… When Stephen’s not around, Batman is another. (His Batman thing compliments my Legion thing and Rodrigo’s X-Men thing well. We’re like the trinity of geeks, the father, the son, and the “Holy Red Snapper, Batman!”) Right off the top of my head, I can think of three other comic/pop culture things that I either avoid talking about or demur my opinion on because I’m in the minority. Anybody listen to the podcast closely enough to hazard any guesses?

5. vistapa
    December 3, 2009 at 4:13 pm — Reply

Nice show as always.
    Have you guys been streaming live the last shows?

Comics about Wrestlers? for me the only good one is el santos from jis and trino

• Rodrigo
      December 5, 2009 at 12:23 pm — Reply

this one was not streamed.

6. vistapa
    December 3, 2009 at 4:42 pm — Reply

hey i want that free shirt

7. Rome
    December 7, 2009 at 1:06 pm — Reply

I can’t download this week’s podcast! What’s the deal!

• December 7, 2009 at 1:44 pm — Reply

Works fine here. Did you pay your monthly fee?

• Rome
        December 8, 2009 at 2:32 pm — Reply

Ah, man. Another 5 bucks!?! If I go over my monthly comic budget I get hell from my wife. what if I just click on a lot of ads?