A bunch of sites found these images over the holiday weekend, but it looks like most are attributing the source to Entertainment Weekly, so we’ll go with that.  If you were wondering what some of the other characters from the upcoming Smallville: Absolute Justice were going to look like, here you go:

Gotta say, I’m loving the Doctor Fate costume, and Stargirl doesn’t look half bad either.  And for those who are desperately searching for more Hawkman images, here’s a bonus shot.

via Entertainment Weekly

Dueling Review: Detective Comics #859

Han Solo's Girlfriend left on the cutting room floor, Han still shoots first

1. Seneca
    November 30, 2009 at 6:48 am — Reply

I am glad there are no real superheroes because I would laugh myself to death if I saw Dr. Fate in that stupid costume.

2. TaZ
    November 30, 2009 at 7:39 am — Reply

Dr. Fate and Stargirl good. Buzzard-man bad…

3. Ringo
    November 30, 2009 at 8:08 am — Reply

I wish the Dr. Fate helmet looked more metallic. Like polished bronze. That one just looks like painted plastic, which it probably is. Stargirl looks good, kinda like a talented cosplayer. Hawkman….. I don’t like the color of the wings, and the helmet is way too big for his head.

That being said, I’ll still watch it, and i’ll still geek out.

4. November 30, 2009 at 8:08 am — Reply

I’ve always loved plastic-men…oh…wait…

5. Rob
    November 30, 2009 at 9:25 am — Reply

costumes looks pretty good. wonder who else will be stopping buy in the episode.

6. Navarre
    November 30, 2009 at 11:15 am — Reply

It’s a good effort for Smallville standards. Worthy of a B+.

7. Norman
    November 30, 2009 at 12:01 pm — Reply

Okay for Smallville I guess.

Yurrgh. The colorful costumes there never look as good as they do on paper.

8. Brian
    November 30, 2009 at 12:22 pm — Reply

My god! When will Smallville stop? Shouldn’t they be arrested by now for mistreatment of a corpse? Stargirl has the vampire make up from Buffy painted blue on her face, Dr. Fate stole the Xmen movies suit and taco bell’s logo and hawkman now flies on plastic feathers? Just end it… be a man and take the shell to the tonsils.

9. Big Money B.G.
    November 30, 2009 at 12:56 pm — Reply

Gotta love some people’s ridiculously high standards for a cable TV show that they probably haven’t watched either A.) Ever, or B.) Not for a really long time.

But I suppose that’s what the internet is for…

10. Brent
    November 30, 2009 at 1:43 pm — Reply

I love comics more than I hate overwrought teen angst melodramas, so I watch Smallville via DVR. I hang on hoping the show will successfully translate more DCU characters to live action. I give the costumers credit for spot on coloring. That said:

1. Stargirl’s masked forehead reminds me of Martian Manhunter or a Batman cowl. It’s a little better than the painted on Black Canary mask, but she looks more like a character on Bible Man (look it up, that’s a real show).

2. Why is Dr. Fate in pseudo-armor? If any costume does not require “ultimization” to look realistic, it is his (hopefully Wildcat won’t be rendered with similar padding). Also, I hoped for a METALLIC helmet and accouterments. There are many materials somewhere between spandex and “scuba gear” that would look realistic yet remain true to the character. Dr. Fate looks like he’s wearing rubber dishwashing gloves.

3. Hawkman seems very…arts and craft. His harness and belt look like they were made in Shop or at summer camp (Look Ma, I made you a comb sheath!) An NTH metal helmet, or a feathered helmet or the old school Earth-2 mask would have rocked. They got the right shape, but again the material is wrong, like a massproduced Halloween costume.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a much better effort than the LAME Wonder Twin non-costumes. But these outfits are not as slick as what hardcore cosplayers create. I still have high hopes for Sandman because his costume is so easy to nail. Maybe Smallville should stick to heroes whose powers and costumes are better suited for the creative direction and limitations of the show.

11. Ocho
    December 3, 2009 at 4:43 pm — Reply

Am I the only one who recalls Legends of the Superheroes? Any costume design following that is a vast improvement. Except maybe The Huntress. I recall being very impressed by her costume when I was 10.