Top Cow Sneak Peek: The Darkness #81

PunisherMax #1 goes back to print, too

1. November 23, 2009 at 11:57 am — Reply

Looks pretty good. I’m looking forward to it.

2. Greg A
    November 23, 2009 at 12:23 pm — Reply

They pretty much had me with the Alan Scott power ring and the brief glimpse of Sandman, even though I don’t watch Smallville.

Given the wacky rights issues that pop up from time to time over at WB, I wonder if the name “Green Lantern” will even be used.

3. TaZ
    November 23, 2009 at 12:58 pm — Reply

Amazing… Dr. Fate actually looked like Dr. Fate! And the portrait at the end that was a nod to the old All-Star comics cover with the members at the “round table” was a nice touch. At least most of the costumes in the portrait were fairly accurate (like Star-Spangled Kid). That trailer even got a grumpy old man like me interested.

4. TaZ
    November 23, 2009 at 1:23 pm — Reply

OK, just ’cause I had a minute and I’m a die-hard JSA fan from way back to the first JLA/JSA team-up, these are the folks I think are in the portrait. Feel free to correct me:

From Left to right:

Dr. Mid-Nite (?)
    Hourman
    Green Lantern
    Mr. Terrific

• oraclebop
      November 24, 2009 at 8:47 am — Reply

No, Green Lantern and Dr. Mid-Nite should switch places. There’s one more Character, but it does look remotely familiar at all.

Who’s hoping Power Girl shows up at some point? :D

5. ~wyntermute~
    November 23, 2009 at 3:10 pm — Reply

I missed The Atom (probably cuz I was looking for the Ray Palmer version, stupid me..), but Sandy & Dr. Fate pretty much hooked me. I’m PUMPED they’re keeping Sand’s mask, and I don’t even know why. I just like it. ^_^

6. OS Perry
    November 23, 2009 at 4:51 pm — Reply

Wow… I haven’t been one to watch Smallville… only seen about 3 or 4 episodes, since its been on, but this piqued my interest… ’bout time.

7. Jeff
    November 24, 2009 at 1:11 pm — Reply

Not a big “Smallville” fan, but wishing more and more they had just used the series as a backdoor pilot for “Justice League” on the big screen instead of wasting everyone’s time with “Superman Returns.”