A lot of websites are reporting the rumor from their various sources that claim H’Wood is looking at Anne Hathaway to play Black Cat in the upcoming Spider-Man 4 movie.

Nikki Finke has a lot of insiders at the studios and reports

While Sony Pictures insists no decisions have been made, sources tell me that the producers have approached Anne Hathaway to star in the film.

As we have no inside sources in H’Wood, which is probably a good idea on so many levels, we’re just going by the stories everyone else is running. I’m not sold on Hathaway in anything other than a Disney movie from 9 years ago.  What do you, The Major Spoiler Legion think?  Does Hathaway do it for you, or should the studio keep looking?

via Deadline Hollywood

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sneak Peek - Legacy of Terror

Child abuse, or most awesome dad ever?

1. November 19, 2009 at 11:55 am — Reply

Noo!! I had a major crush on Black Cat when I was 7. While Hathaway is pretty in her own way, she is not “Black Cat” hot (in my eyes atleast).

2. J Michael T
    November 19, 2009 at 12:05 pm — Reply

I think she did a good job in “Get Smart” and they actually managed to “sexy” her up in that movie enough so I can see her playing The Black Cat character. Not a bad choice in my opinion.

3. websnap
    November 19, 2009 at 12:46 pm — Reply

it depends if they want an actual actress or not. if they only want eye candy, then let her go… she’ll make the rest of the cast look bad. There is no doubt that she can look sexy when it’s needed.

4. Seneca
    November 19, 2009 at 3:09 pm — Reply

I hate it when movie producers feel they have to have a big name in a movie rather than someone who can act and looks the part. I would rather have an authentic Black Cat than have someone famous.

5. Jacin B
    November 19, 2009 at 3:50 pm — Reply

I’m not sure that she’s what I’d envision when I think Black Cat, but she’s certainly got the acting chops (including solid dramatic roles in Havoc, Brokeback Mountain, Becoming Jane, and Rachel Getting Married among others).

Put this look in black leather and I could go with it.

• Jacin B
      November 19, 2009 at 3:51 pm — Reply

I’ll try that again …

Put THIS LOOK in black leather and I could go with it.

• November 20, 2009 at 5:18 pm — Reply

Put THIS LOOK in black leather and I could go with it.

How ’bout:

And you have no idea how hard it is seeking a family-appropriate image with a search parameter like “black leather catsuit.”

6. lifeisaglitch
    November 19, 2009 at 3:59 pm — Reply
  7. November 19, 2009 at 5:35 pm — Reply

She’s definitely a great actor, but not someone I would at first envision. I definitely believe they could make it work while she’s in costume, but I’m not so sure for when she’s in her streets.

8. Salieri
    November 19, 2009 at 7:34 pm — Reply

What with that disturbing grin, she’s more a Harley Quinn type. And this is from someone who doesn’t really like Harley Quinn at all.

9. J Michael T
    November 20, 2009 at 8:35 pm — Reply

Speaking of “furries”…

10. tim osborne
    December 27, 2009 at 6:25 am — Reply

Anne would be perfect for Batgirl 0r Oracle but not Black Cat Christina Aguilera should play Black Cat if you dont think so just watch the 2008 mtv awards