Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Joe Quinones

On the Next Major Spoilers Podcast: The Truth about Doctor True

1. Jacin B
    November 16, 2009 at 3:19 pm — Reply

You know what would be awesome? If Hulk just tore Wolverine in half. Like, tore him top-from-bottom at the waist. And then, just to keep Wolvie incapacitated, chucked half of him a couple miles away (preferably the pointy parts).

… oh, wait. Now that I think about it, I’ve seen that somewhere before.

• lifeisaglitch
      November 16, 2009 at 3:33 pm — Reply

That bothered me…isn’t Adamantium supposed to be “unbreakable”…and its not like he tore the skeleton out of his upper or lower half…

• typhoidhater
        November 16, 2009 at 3:36 pm — Reply

Spinal vertebrae are separated by cartilage.

• Kolwyr
        November 16, 2009 at 3:38 pm — Reply

While the bones in his skeleton *are* unbreakable, the connecting tissue is not.

• lifeisaglitch
          November 16, 2009 at 4:07 pm — Reply

I do know that..though it would be funny if Wolverine was just completely stiff and immobile. I was wondering about his spine which I imagined would be enveloped by the Adamantium and just hollowed to allow mobility. And when I say imagined I mean what I have seen every time they show him skin- and muscle-less. They always try to do his arms right and the legs but his..spine always looks solid..So i though it was just sorta like layered armor with no bare discs.

2. Kolwyr
    November 16, 2009 at 3:31 pm — Reply

Awesome, awesome cover. Easily in the Top 3 for the month.

And the Fall of the Hulks solicits for February seem to be getting more interesting as well (January’s were a bit meh). Can’t wait for Pelletier to start on Incredible with Pak.

3. November 16, 2009 at 3:37 pm — Reply

Awww… Herc looks sad about something.

• theSuperAlbino
      November 16, 2009 at 6:29 pm — Reply

Probably because he’s in a event with Jeph Loeb as one of the writers, ZING!

4. November 16, 2009 at 7:49 pm — Reply

Red Hulk has finally found a way to improve upon the Fastball Special, he just BEATS people with an indestructible human being.

• lifeisaglitch
      November 16, 2009 at 9:55 pm — Reply

A weapon that can never break and functions as a bladed whip…woah. I think he took Hercs eyes out O__o

• ~wyntermute~
        November 17, 2009 at 4:28 pm — Reply

I’m thinking we dub this the “Grand Slam”. Anybody with me?

5. Jamesdell
    November 21, 2009 at 7:42 pm — Reply

Look up Poop in any Webster’s dictionary and I guarantee this picture is right next to the entry.