It was only a matter of time before Amanda Waller made her presence known in Smallville, and thanks to some creative thinking at the CW, they’ve cast Pam Grier as the tough as nails agent villain.  Grier will make her debut during the second hour of the Justice Society episode penned by Geoff Johns, when the two-parter airs in January.

While I think Grier will do a cracking good job, one can’t help but wonder what CCH Pounder would bring to the table – oh, right, we’ve already seen her live action Amanda Waller on the SyFy Channel’s Warehouse 13.

via Entertainment Weekly

Dynamite Entertainment Sneak Peek for the Week of November 11, 2009

One in Ten reads comic books

1. Brother129
    November 10, 2009 at 5:53 pm — Reply

Okay…it is kind of a slap in the face to CCH Pounder….but me love me some Pam Grier!

2. November 10, 2009 at 10:28 pm — Reply

I’m overcome with the urge to find two laptops, bring up this story, put my head between then and say BRRRRIIITTSSSSKEEEEE!

3. November 11, 2009 at 1:04 pm — Reply

I have just become a fan of Smallville.

4. ~wyntermute~
    November 12, 2009 at 3:19 pm — Reply

I have just become a fan of The Rack…. Er, I mean, The Wall!!! (But seriously, holy chesticles, batman…. Is _that_ why Pam Grier was so popular back inna day? I honestly hadn’t heard of her before “Jackie Brown”, but if this pic is from her heyday, I can see why she was ‘blaxploited’.)

• Brent
      November 13, 2009 at 9:13 am — Reply

Really, you never heard of her before Jackie Brown? Like Brother 129, I hate that CCH Pounder didn’t get the nod cuz she’s such a great presence. But looking at this photo(thanks Stephen)…I’m not complaining. Milk does a body good, indeed.

• ~wyntermute~
        November 14, 2009 at 3:25 pm — Reply

Nope. I was only born in 78, and her best years were (as far as I know) before I developed anything resembling “pop culture awareness”. :)