We’re wrapping up our Statue Appreciation week with a look at the one statue that stirred up all the controversy when it was first released.  We’re digging that topic up and presenting it in QuickTime VR for you to take a look and voice your thoughts.

The Mary Jane Comiquette was designed by artist Adam Hughes, who’s critically acclaimed realistic illustration meets “good-girl” pin-up style art has made him one of the comic book industry’s most sought after artists and a perennial fan favorite. The consummate “girl next door,” Mary Jane discovers that her superhero husband has slipped some of his laundry into the mix, but she’s not looking too displeased about Peter’s naughty little transgression.

via Sideshow Collectibles

Review: The Shield #2

Boom! Studios Sneak Peek for the Week of October 21, 2009

1. October 16, 2009 at 2:33 pm — Reply

You know, I used to have a problem with this statue. But now that I know she’s no longer married, it really makes it easier to reconcile. Thank you, Uncle Mephisto!

• Rome
      October 16, 2009 at 2:56 pm — Reply

HA! Great response!

2. October 16, 2009 at 3:56 pm — Reply

I had more of a problem with how badly it had mangled Adam Hughes’ original illustration (which was cute & silly) than the fact she was doing laundry.

3. ~wyntermute~
    October 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm — Reply

I can’t get the qt-vr to work, so I have a problem with how much fail I am made of. :(

• hermit
      October 17, 2009 at 12:53 pm — Reply

can’t get it to work either

4. Obsidian
    October 16, 2009 at 5:28 pm — Reply

So, because she’s doing laundry it’s controversial? wow… have we really become that pathetic and paranoid that laundry has become a loaded activity? My gf does MY laundry… and… *gasp*… I do HERS… it’s what people in relationships do… they share the work load.

Honestly, I’m more disturbed by her face than by her doing laundry…

• Eye-Roller Lass
      October 18, 2009 at 7:40 am — Reply

You’re absolutely right! Can’t wait for that statue of Peter doing the dishes on his spidey underoos!

5. Mike Keller
    October 16, 2009 at 7:24 pm — Reply

I have 4 concerns with this statue:
    1) It isn’t life sized
    2) I don’t have one
    3) That’s a really wierd table
    4) If you scroll off the edge of the image she spins really fast, and then it’s just like being at Seaworld

6. Ev
    October 17, 2009 at 9:48 am — Reply

Maybe with a thinner waistline.

7. Rome
    October 17, 2009 at 1:38 pm — Reply

Ok, the table IS weird.

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but the Thong, and the jeans tear on the ass are just gratuitous. The statue is suggestive enough without having to go there.

8. October 21, 2009 at 9:18 pm — Reply

She’s had too much work done — her face is all messed up, like Teri Hatcher’s. It’s like the left side of her face is higher than the right side. Mary Jane, no more plastic surgery!