Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast

This issue: A break in the action occurs this episode so Dungeon Master Rodrigo can explain how rituals work to n00b Stephen.

NOTE: This is a rather short episode (15 minutes), but we’ll make up for it in the next installment, with a major battle!

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/critical_hit16.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Review: Daredevil #501

Dueling Review: Batman and Robin #5

1. vistapa
    October 10, 2009 at 11:24 pm — Reply

to short…. need more D&D fix

2. Ricco
    October 11, 2009 at 11:11 am — Reply

On one hand I’m happy to get some D&D at all, on the other hand the words “cruel and usual” come to mind…

3. October 11, 2009 at 2:42 pm — Reply

Ricco: Don’t worry, we more than make up for it next week!

4. October 11, 2009 at 2:43 pm — Reply

And by that, I mean we offer up a new episode that is only slightly longer than this one!

• Ricco
      October 11, 2009 at 9:01 pm — Reply

I hope that’s sarcasm ‘cuz I can’t gauge if it si by the tone of your voice, this been written and all that.

I can’t wait for next week, “Critical Hit” is the highlight of my week! I don’t know if it’s because it’s that awesome or a testament of how crappy my week is, I’ll go with choice #1 less deppresing.

5. Rob
    October 12, 2009 at 10:11 pm — Reply

Yeah I have really looked forward to every new podcast. It has even made me cAll up my old buddies and In a few weeks we are gonna try fourth edition’s Keep on the Shadowfell. Can’t wait.

6. morbog
    October 15, 2009 at 3:41 pm — Reply

Have you ever posted the PC stats? Im really wondering what Torq’s stats are because we had a Paladin (Darling of the DM)in a old campaign and I beleive he was roleplayed compltely wrong. Torq is so awesome, and our paladin should have been borderline retarded just like torq. Paladin had a 5 INT= DUH!!!

• October 16, 2009 at 8:45 pm — Reply

Torq’s up-to-date stats (from the near future of the podcast):

20 STR
      13 CON
      12 DEX
      8 INT
      13 WIS
      10 CHA

As with anything, though, stats in D&D are merely a guide. Torq’s mannerisms and vocal tics are less a matter of his intelligence than they are of his experiences, his as-yet-unseen family, and how it’s about the most fun ever to talk like that and try to squeeze my own (theoretically) greater than 8 INT into the box of his brain… I would say that your fighter was, at the very least, min/maxed to the hilt, and had his player been in my game, the repercussions of that choice would have been his to bear. Rodrigo has never forced me to be dumb because that stat is an 8, but I try to play an honest game, and to not deal with that stat would be disingenuous…

7. kernel.panik
    October 15, 2009 at 4:40 pm — Reply

Hey guys, finally caught up to the most recent episode…
    This podcast is THE best one I’ve found.
    I’ve tried to listen to a few others and they are just…well…annoying!
    For instance: constant dice rolls right in front of the mic and you have to have the volume up
    to max to hear everyone else in the room.

The only thing I’ve found upsetting with this podcast is waiting for the next one.

Thanks for all the effort you put into this!

kp

8. Morbog
    October 17, 2009 at 3:31 pm — Reply

Mathew, thank you for your response. I have really enjoyed your character it’s a great copliment to the others. We just started playing 4th after a long break. This pod cast has been a great learning aid and is totally captivating. FYI I listen to another d&d session pod cast. This one is superior!

9. Calleigh
    January 5, 2017 at 1:53 pm — Reply

Twitter summary: #CriticalHit #Ep16 @FearsomeCritter explains rituals to @MajorSpoilers. OR learns “Purify Water” & “Unseen Servant”. @DnDBrian learns none.