In continued attempts to remake every movie from the 1980s again in hopes of making even more money, New Line Cinema is bringing Vacation back to the big screen.  But don’t be surprised if Clark Griswold is no where to be seen.  Instead, the story will focus on Clark’s son, Rusty now all grown, who will take his family on a vacation across the country.  There’s still room to have Chevy Chase make an appearance in the film as the grandfather, but according to The Hollywood Reporter, no deals have been made yet.

It would be really interesting if the producers could get Anthony Michael Hall to reprise his role as Rusty, as it would provide even more continuity with the first film, thus making it a sequel rather than a reboot.

via THR

No new Simpsons movie just yet

The Variants Episode 3 arrives

1. October 7, 2009 at 10:11 am — Reply

I don’t understand why the don’t just re-release classics back into the movie theater in THX or something rather then making a shitty remake. Toy Story just did it. Let’s see how much they make off of that. That is probably a safer investment then making some crappy remake. Star Wars did it too but they were the Special Editions or whatever.

2. Kirby
    October 7, 2009 at 3:08 pm — Reply

… wow. There’s only two vacation movies, original and christmas no more no less.

3. Carl
    October 7, 2009 at 10:03 pm — Reply

Ignoring European and Vegas, are we?

4. tool
    October 13, 2009 at 1:19 am — Reply

I would rather see Dana Barron than AMH. I haven’t seen her since “City of Industry”.

5. JoeyTim74
    October 21, 2009 at 10:16 pm — Reply

Yeah and we saw a lot of Dana Barron in City of Industry too. LOL

Dana Barron is pregnant at the moment from what I read, I read that over at igossip and some other web news site. She’s not due until Noveber of 09. So maybe by the time they actually make this thing she’ll be back in shape enough or have enough free time to do it.

I think she would be stupid to do it though. She already reprised the Audrey role once and a third time is just going to look silly I think.

6. Sims
    October 22, 2009 at 1:44 pm — Reply

Yup Dana Barron is pregnant with her 5th kid. I guess she got divorced earlier this year or something from some guitar player name Jeff Fiorentino and they’re having another kid. It’s weird but I’ve been following the story on the gossip sites too.

Dana caught flak online for her nude scene in city of industry. I thought it was pretty cool but I also agree with some in that it wasn’t necessary to the movie. I think the set people or director just wanted to see Audrey Gris naked. She’s not naked in the movie but I mean she was on the set so same difference. It didn’t add anything to the movie it was just there to sell some tickets or get hype probably. It didn’t get much attention at the time but now that 30 second scene is on mr skin and other celebrity movie archive sites and even on you tube so Dana is definitely on the minds of internet people these days between that scene and other nude scene she supposedly does in the invited and all the gossip about her pregnancy she’s getting a lot of press right now.

Good for her too she was the best Audrey of all of them and I do think they should bring her back for this movie. They have to have some of the original cast and she reprised the role once before so she might do it again I think.