UD Replicas makes fan film's wet dreams come true

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Adam Hughes

1. October 2, 2009 at 4:55 pm — Reply

I’ll definitely check it out.

2. Navarre
    October 2, 2009 at 5:28 pm — Reply

I remember the raging rage that raged about the costume design when we first saw it:

I didn’t like it either. But in the trailer it actually didn’t look half-bad.

The whole “I’m a punk kid who doesn’t know about the world but my parents are murdered so I’ll train under this gruff but wise mentor until I become the baddest man (ghost) who walks” has been done and overdone. But ya gotta start somewhere I guess.

• hermit
      October 3, 2009 at 12:14 pm — Reply

i agree, it’s been done, but what have not been done before. question is is, will it be good.

it actually looks fun.

3. October 3, 2009 at 10:33 am — Reply

I’d Hulu that. Looks like a much better update than Flash Gordon anyway.

4. Young
    October 3, 2009 at 10:31 pm — Reply

But…but…you’re not supposed to see his face or else terrible things happen.

5. October 4, 2009 at 3:45 pm — Reply

I really don’t know about this reimagining.
    I’ll admit the suit looks kinda good, even though it looks nothing like the Phantom’s would. But those actors, man, they look like great contenders for Days of Our Lives.

6. Generik
    October 5, 2009 at 10:25 am — Reply

I’ll definitely check it out as I was a big fan of the old Phantom comics and even enjoyed the 90’s film.. but I have a feeling this is going to be a short run show. I unfortunately didn’t see anything in this to really set it apart and attract an audience that isn’t already watching SyFy.
    Honestly I think I would rather see Lee Falk’s other comic, Mandrake the Magician, turned into a television show.

7. xrayguy
    October 8, 2009 at 1:33 pm — Reply

Since the origonal costume was, as I understand the concept, more for jungle/tropic action, it might stand to reason if the character is going to be more an urban fighter the outfit would be different, tho’ the body armor DOES make it look awfully bulky.