Something about Westerns

This issue: The western genre is discussed in comics, movies, and television.

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers130.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Star Wars headed to iTunes

Critical Hit #10: The Exilarchy of Cogs

1. John I.G. the secind
    August 29, 2009 at 3:54 pm — Reply

On last weeks podcast you mentioned the bbc interview, and on it you mentioned atomic robo going digital. If you check their blog at this point in time they are making a comic that will go up solely online.

2. John I.G. the second
    August 29, 2009 at 4:47 pm — Reply

There’s been a werewolf western on Zuda for awhile now called High Moon, which has been one of the most popular on the site. I think it’s over 180 pages now.

The movie ‘The Good, The Bad and The Weird’ is an odd korean western. Basically a take on the original however set in japanese occupied manchuria.

3. August 30, 2009 at 12:09 pm — Reply

I tend to like western comedies. ‘Support Your Local Sheriff’ is a boatload of fun, with James Garner and Jack Elam. I’m also a big fan of ‘Cat Ballou’ one of my all time favorite movies, western or otherwise. Lee Marvin is so funny is that movie, when he sings ‘Happy Birthday’ I always hit the floor.

4. Bob
    September 5, 2009 at 6:21 pm — Reply

My all time favorite Western TV series? The Adventures of Brisco County Jr!

5. September 11, 2009 at 3:55 pm — Reply

Die Hard!

6. Ogreboy88
    September 25, 2010 at 1:21 pm — Reply

Okay, so I’m a little behind. I only just listened to this episode, but…

My favourite Western is a meta-Western and, no, it’s not Once Upon a Time in the West, although that is awesome… Check out Lonely Are the Brave. The Western doesn’t peter out like Once Upon a Time Suggests. Rather, it is killed by the Crime Drama, and this movie depicts that death. The Cowboy is no longer a criminal who goes out into the wilds and becomes the law. Rather, the wilds have all been subjected to the law already, which renders the Cowboy a criminal plain and simple (if a tragic criminal with a good heart).

You can’t take it (the horse) with you!
    Ogreboy88