We mentioned it months ago here on the Major Spoilers site, now TV Guide has the first look at Brian Austin Green as Metallo in the two-part season premiere of Smallville.  Looks freakishly awesome. I like how the whole piece just sinks into the skin and a cyborg killing machine kind of way, instead of the loose, fall off the robot, plastic skin in Superman: The Animated Series.

Smalleville kicks off season nine on September 25, 2009.

via TV Guide

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Gary Gianni

Geoff Johns and Bill Birch take on Shazam!

1. Ricco
    August 19, 2009 at 3:37 pm — Reply

Looks like Tony Stark with a green core to me.

2. Brother129
    August 19, 2009 at 4:41 pm — Reply

I really dig how BAG has reinvented himself since his 90210 days…

3. websnap
    August 19, 2009 at 4:42 pm — Reply

Metallo is older than Iron Man, they are just staying true to the book, at least image wise.

4. lifeisaglitch
    August 19, 2009 at 5:27 pm — Reply

Maaaan is Dr. Cox gonna be pissed when he hears about this… On the plus side this upgrade will surely help Mr. Green with fighting them thar pesky Austrian Governors.

5. TheGoodTwin
    August 19, 2009 at 6:24 pm — Reply

1) Metallo was created before Iron Man, I know that
    2) However, in the comics, Metallo’s chest-core usually opens up like a basement furnace to reveal the kryptonite
    3) This appears to be a lazy rip-off of the movie design of Iron Man + the Aliens chest-sucker
    4) But hopefully the show won’t suck.

6. August 19, 2009 at 9:47 pm — Reply

Wow, You’ve come a long way David Silver.

A few years ago you were fighting anonymity, and here you are back on [sort of] network TV and a full fledged member of the I’ve-Seen-Megan-Fox-Naked Society.

7. August 19, 2009 at 10:09 pm — Reply

He’s hot.

8. HunterDan
    August 19, 2009 at 11:50 pm — Reply

I haven’t seen smallville since Bizaro appeared, I got cheesed of with having to sit through 18 weak episodes for the one or two that were any good (Lex becoming Zod, Junior Lifeguard episodes spring to mind). Is it worth me checking out the seasons I’ve missed?

Nice to see BAG back on screen, was really impressed with his screen presence in the Sarah Connor Chronicals. Good to see him shake off the 90120 legacy. And I could see him as Green Lantern