DC has released a sneak peek of Power Girl #4, and those paying close attention will see a cameo appearance by the cast of The Big Bang Theory.  The rest of the preview is pretty funny to, and I have to hand it to Gray, Palmiotti, and Conner for cranking out an excellent series.

Power Girl #4

Written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray; Art and cover by Amanda Conner; Variant cover by Guillem March

“Space Girls Gone Wild!” part 1 of 2! A trio of sexy alien marauders hits Earth for the ultimate party. Unfortunately, by their standards, that means destroying it! Of course, it’s up to Power Girl to crash their festivities.

The issue arrives August 19, 2009, and features a cover price of $2.99.

via The Source

Friday Sing-Along: The Ballad of G.I. Joe

Zombies invade Victorian England

1. Jacin B
    August 14, 2009 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Am I the only one who sees that first cover and heard the voice of Bugs Bunny’s abominable snowman saying, “I will love her and squeeze her and call her ‘George'” … ?

2. Jacin B
    August 14, 2009 at 1:35 pm — Reply

(I loved the cameo of the guys from Big Bang Theory, too …)

3. August 14, 2009 at 1:38 pm — Reply

And the drunk in the last panel is HI-LARRY-US!

4. lifeisaglitch
    August 14, 2009 at 2:03 pm — Reply

What about the Bernards! Wont somebody think of the Bernards!

5. Dave Morgan
    August 14, 2009 at 3:26 pm — Reply

So far, all this book has done is make boob jokes and reduce and actual decent golden age villain (well, in my opinion) into a blobbish punchline. I know this is the only book that Robinson and Johns isn’t writing for DC Comics, but daaaamn.

That said, I know I’m in the minority of public opinion and will continue to pick up the book. :)

6. DMC
    August 14, 2009 at 9:35 pm — Reply

I don’t know what’ you’ve been reading Dave Morgan but the book has been great, though I’ll admit Issue #2 has been the low point of the series thus far.

I’m staying on board this series

7. ~wyntermute~
    August 14, 2009 at 10:11 pm — Reply

Yeah, I think Dave kinda saw what he wanted to see in these first 3 issues, because I only recall a couple of “boob jokes” and it seemed to me like the Ultra-Humanite got to be pretty badass. Now, I _will_ admit that the tone of this book is “light”, and that will probably influence the levels of badassery that can be portrayed while keeping the book’s tone as-is. Your mileage is legally entitled to vary, of course. :)

8. James Usher
    August 15, 2009 at 8:02 am — Reply

i would agree, dave, that this book has pretty consistently dealt with innuendo’s and sexual harassment type stuff. i applaud the writers for dealing with the issue head on, though. power girl has some obvious… traits and if it (they) were constantly ignored it wouldn’t seem true to what this character might have to endure in our modern world. plus they’ve been pretty clear in pointing out who is the jackass and who’s being the bigger person in all of these confrontations. i feel like maybe those pieces of the story are there for me, like the writer keeps pausing to remind me that while reading to book i should keep my eyes “up here”.

9. xrayguy
    August 16, 2009 at 8:09 pm — Reply

Oddly, I liked seeing her in street clothes- the “valley of the dolls” does get in the way after awhile.