If you don’t have the Disney XD channel on your cable box, or if you are someone who just refuses to pay for overpriced drek, you can still get your 1990’s Spider-Man animated series fix over on the Marvel website. The first episode kicked off this week, and Marvel plans on releasing one new episode each week until all 65 of the original episodes are online for your amusement.

Best of all, the streaming video is free, so you won’t be out anything besides 30 minutes of your day.

via Marvel

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

Clockwork Girl animated movie trailer arrives

1. John Morales AKA uglyhooker
    August 6, 2009 at 10:41 am — Reply

I love this series. So much drama and when I was 12 I ate it up!!

2. August 6, 2009 at 1:37 pm — Reply

I love watching this series now just to spot all of FOX’s censoring of the past.

You will never see spider-man punch someone, any glass broken, or any mention of the word “death” in this series (but the words “destroyed” and “eliminate” are okay).

I think I like Spectacular Spider-man better…

3. Dork
    August 6, 2009 at 7:15 pm — Reply

I watched this as a kid. I remember instead of dying people would fall through portals.

4. Jim
    August 6, 2009 at 10:15 pm — Reply

I haven’t seen Spectacular Spider-Man yet but I think this was the best of the Spider cartoons to this point. Amazing Friends was fun and the 60s series was goofy but this one at least used storylines from the comic.

5. August 7, 2009 at 1:05 am — Reply

@Jim

Seriously, dude, do yourself a favor and look up both seasons of Spectacular on Disney XD or on YouTube. There’s more action in one fight scene than in an entire season of this show.

Not that this show didn’t have it’s charm when I was I kid.I remember many a Saturday morning spent watching the newest episode.

6. Brian