Today, Marvel released a bit more information on yesterday’s FrankenCastle promotion piece, along with another image.

Dark Reign The List brings the most dramatic changes ever to Punisher! Dark Wolverine faces off against Frank Castle and the Punisher’s (after)life is altered forever! Beginning with Punisher #8, don’t miss four special Rest In Pieces Variants, all clues to the startling changes ahead for the Punisher!

Punisher #8 arrives August 19, 2009.

via Marvel

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Evan Shaner

Review: Doctor Who - Room With A Deja View #1

1. August 5, 2009 at 3:35 pm — Reply

Who drew that? Is that Tony Moore? I know he’s supposed to do an arc on the book soon.

2. August 5, 2009 at 3:36 pm — Reply

Oops. I see the signature now. It’s Tom Raney.

3. MaximusRift
    August 5, 2009 at 3:58 pm — Reply

I just hope that when this fails, they keep Frank Castle dead in 616 continuity. It is my opinion that the Punisher as a concept works best without the super-stuff.

• August 5, 2009 at 8:56 pm — Reply

I’d $ay that $eem$ $omewhat le$$ than likely, $ir…

4. Ricco
    August 5, 2009 at 4:20 pm — Reply

Something has always bothered me about modern Frankensteins, if you have the tech to make a metal skeleton that animates a corpse, why not just put the brain in a metal body? I get that whomever brought him back was probably low on cash, but still…

5. typhoidhater
    August 6, 2009 at 9:42 am — Reply

Maybe Castle can come back as an angel again…it worked once already right?

6. Salieri
    August 6, 2009 at 9:48 am — Reply

Actually, if you put a brain in a robot body, presumably it would reject it unless you kept it continually pumped with anti-tissue-rejection drugs. And then it would eventually rust anyway.

What ‘Clue’ is in this cover? Is that some sort of famous robot arm or something?

7. Jim