Review: The Lone Ranger #17

New Lenore comic headed your way

1. July 31, 2009 at 8:03 am — Reply

Maaan… why is Reed Richards no rough-and-tumble scientist-beefcake on this cover?

Cassaday sucks.

2. DrNerdo
    July 31, 2009 at 8:20 am — Reply

CASSADAY DOES NOT SUCK!! Rough-and-tumble scientist-beefcake Reed Richards does suck, but he is not so much like that in this cover.

3. Jacin B
    July 31, 2009 at 8:46 am — Reply

We may not have rough-and-tumble scientist Reed, but we do have amorphous-blob Thing.

4. July 31, 2009 at 8:48 am — Reply

Teeheehee… relax, DrNerdo.

I like John Cassaday, his work on Astonishing X-men was awesome.

5. July 31, 2009 at 8:55 am — Reply

This cover is meh but the only FF I’ve ever read minus the big crossovers was UFF through issue 30-something.

BUT I’m like campaigner. JC was all sorts of awesome on Astonishing X-Men.

6. Hey!
    July 31, 2009 at 10:48 am — Reply

Waaaay better than the other one. This has a very cool style. Almost Quitely-esque.

7. davek
    July 31, 2009 at 1:46 pm — Reply

Ladies and gentlemen, you read it here first – a Major Spoilers Exclusive. Marvel’s brand new series, “Reed Richards: Stilt Man #1” will hit the shelves September 1.

8. ~wyntermute~
    July 31, 2009 at 3:25 pm — Reply

No, this isn’t “Quitely-esque” (unless you count the hatchet job on the Thing: He’s made of rock, not jello), because I actually find it a fairly decent bit of artwork. No, that’s not “Quitely sucks”. It’s “my tastes don’t like his art and my tastes like this, so I gotta say there’s little resemblance”. :)

9. lifeisaglitch
    August 1, 2009 at 8:56 pm — Reply

I do not like these faces…Sue looks like White Queen and the thing looks Hulk-ish…and do not get me started on Reed. Everything else design-wise i can take or leave, the art itself though is pretty good.

10. Brother129
    August 2, 2009 at 3:20 pm — Reply

Wow…who knew a couple of Fantastic Four covers would incite so many passionate comments?

11. Jacin
    August 3, 2009 at 8:03 am — Reply

I wouldn’t say thing looks Hulkish, necessarily. I think he looks more like a smaller, rockier version of the Insectasaurus from Monsters vs. Aliens.