ssix_cv12_PICON.jpg

DC has released a preview of Secret Six #12 that arrives next week.  Take the jump to see Wonder Woman bring the smack down to the villains.

Secret Six #12

Written by Gail Simone; Art by Nicola Scott and Doug Hazlewood; Cover by Daniel Lu Visi

A crisis of conscience splits the Secret Six right down the middle and puts them on opposite sides of a horrific war involving Amazons led by a deluded Artemis! But that’s just the opening bout for the main event: Jeannette vs. Wonder Woman!

via DC Comics

Friday Sing-along: Superheroes

Unboxing the Major Spoilers Challenge

1. July 31, 2009 at 2:08 pm — Reply

Man, I love that book. Nicola Scott is a badass.

2. July 31, 2009 at 4:17 pm — Reply

Hmm, why are the men all manscaped?

3. Joonas
    July 31, 2009 at 4:19 pm — Reply

awesome cover.

4. Dave
    July 31, 2009 at 10:25 pm — Reply

Really, Gail really puts the wonder in Wonder Woman. She demonstrates why WW belongs in the “Big 3” in ways decades of DC marketing fail. For the life of me, I can’t understand why the Wonder Woman book under-performs. Any thoughts, gang?

5. August 1, 2009 at 12:04 pm — Reply

I usually don’t read Wonder Woman, but I absolutely loved her conversation with Canary in the most recent issue — especially the discussion of women’s costumes and the over-importance of breasts for superheroines. Excellent!

6. eric
    August 1, 2009 at 9:06 pm — Reply

i loved wonder woman when george perez took over a long time ago. Yes that was a long time ago. It was really good then. I love Gail Simone, but I have not been able to get into this Wonder Woman. I tried with the beginning but got turned off. Why does WW not perform? I think the simple answer is that DC does not put the effort into it like they do with Superman and Batman. Look at how long the WW movie has languished in quick sand, but we have had how many Superman and Batman movies. Yes, WW can be a bit of a lofty character with all the mythology and past, but if a great Batman movie can be made why not a WW movie. And even though this comment did not have anything to do with Secret Six, I did pick up the first TBP of the Secret Six. I will continue, but in TPB. LONG LIVE TPBS AND SAVE ME SOME MONEY.