Here’s another Rapid-Fire Roundup of news coming out of the various Marvel panels on day two of the San Diego Comic Con.
- If you think you have Utopia figured out, Matt Fraction thinks you are going to be surprised
- X-Force #50 wraps up the future and present storylines and sets the stage for things to come in the next year.
- Daniel Acuna is the ongoing artis for X-Men Legacy.Â Look for his stuff in September
- Nation X Begins, September 2009
- Magneto is back
- Wanna see Wolverine fight Skaar? Of course you do.Â Look to Wolverine Origins for more on that.
- Some thing Wolverine is crazy. That will be addressed when Logan finds himself locked up in a crazy house in Wolverine: Weapon X.
- Necrosha arrives in October 2009 and will see 16 million mutants brought back.
- The title will be Necrosha: X-Force/New Mutants/X-Men: Legacy
- Horror will play a big part in the series
- Marvel Digital Comics will begin offering in continuity Spider-Man tales starting November 9.Â Look for stories to flow between the print and digital comics.
- New stories will arrive every other Monday.
- The first few issues are inspired by Marvels.
- Bob Gale is writing
- There is an arc coming up called “Who was Ben Reilly”. This will give Marvel a chance to tell some Ben Reilly stories without bringing him back.
- Red She-Hulk.
- No, we don’t know who she is either
- At the end of Hulk #600, Bruce Banner can never become the Hulk again.Â Is that Geoff Loeb pulling our leg?
- World War Hulks. Plural.Â December 2009.
- A major character in the Hulk universe will die.Â But of course we know deaths are never lasting, so don’t expect the death to be permanent.
- Loeb and John Romita Jr. will be teaming for Gamma, that serves as a lead in to the WWHulks series.
- The weird renumbering of Incredible Hulk does not mean Incredible Hercules is ending
- In issues #14 – #17 someone will find out who the Red Hulk is.
- Deadpool will show up in the Hulk title as well as Spider-Man that was mentioned in yesterday’s roundup.
- In case you missed it, the “big” news that Joe Quesada said would crack the Intardwebz in half was the announcement that Marvelman is official part of Marvel now.
“Marvel has purchased the rights to Marvelman,” Quesada said. “It is arguably the J.D. Salinger of comic book characters. Arguably one of the most important comic book characters in decaades.”- NEWSARAMA
- Yeah, you got me too.Â Someone who was actually at the panel will have to tell us what the audience’s real reaction to the new was.
- Look for Deathlok to step up to the plate in a seven-issue mini-series written by Charlie Huston
- Marvel Knights hits in November 2009
- Dark Reign will end by year’s end!
That’s it from Marvel for today.Â Are you as worn out as I am?Â Well, keep coming back, as I’m sute to be here filtering the great from the not so great news.