Here’s our Rapid-Fire Rundown of the announcements made by Archie Comics on the first day of the San Diego Comic Con gathered from throughout the Intardwebz.
- Archie announces Archie Digital Comics (www.archiedigital.com).Â The company said readers can get hundreds of Archie titles from the past and present. $9.95 a month or a full year for $49.95.
- These will be available through the Apple iTunes store.
- This is not the last announcement about digital comics distribution we will hear from the show.
- Surprisingly, there was a line around the corner to get into the Archie Panel.Â Most were probably there for news on Archie #600 that features Archie marrying Veronica. The good news? The story takes place five years in the future.
- Michael Uslan is writing the story.
- According to CEO Jon Goldwater, there are still plenty of Archie stories to be told.
- The Archie website is getting a much needed overhaul in September.Â Probably to support Archie Digital Comics (ADC).
- Archie is opening an international artist in India.Â Who knew Archie Comics were that big in India?Â Really.
- Want more Archies and Josie and the Pussy Cats music?Â Of course you do, and your demands will be answered in the coming months.
- There was discussion over IDW Publishing’s new Archie collection that will feature many strips never before seen in public.
- If you hate the “New Look” Archie Comics, the company is ending that artistic design style following the upcoming Reggie storyline.
More news from the convention as it floats through our in-box.