Jeff Parker cleared up a rumor on his website about the status of Agents of Atlas and the Exiles series from Marvel.  For fans of Agents of Atlas will be happy to hear that the series will continue.  However, things aren’t so good for Exiles.

As for EXILES… well, as they say, you can’t save every patient. The best we did was a momentary blip with issue one of the relaunch, and sales went right back to where they were previously. In hindsight, maybe we should have waited a year or two before trying it. It was a blow to me, I was having a great time working with Salva Espin and Casey Jones, and felt I was getting into a good groove with issues that you’ll never see.

Exiles will officially end with issue #6, a double-sized edition.

via Jeff Parker

SDCC'09: Opening day remarks from Ali Kokmen

Ghost Whisperer: The Video Game

1. July 23, 2009 at 3:36 pm — Reply

The first Exiles was great. The NEW Exiles sucked. This last version was horrid, especially the art.

2. Matt
    July 23, 2009 at 4:14 pm — Reply

the worst 2 decisions that exiles ever made were 1) killing off Mimic and 2) bringing Chris Clarmont onto the book…

3. Big Money B.G.
    July 23, 2009 at 4:38 pm — Reply

Don’t forget 3.) As Parker himself admitted, they just relaunched it too soon. They should’ve waited a year or so for Claremont’s stink to wear-off, then relaunch it as something brand new again. They relaunched it correctly, just too soon, IMO.

Hopefully this leads to the 616 return of Blink, though. That could lead to some great stories if handled correctly…

…I guess this is assuming she makes it outta “Exiles” alive. You guys thinking they’ll pull an “X-Statix” and off everybody?

4. MaximusRift
    July 23, 2009 at 6:43 pm — Reply

If they do bring this book back, I hope that they don’t make it an X-book. This would work so much better as a Marvel book and by that I mean that instead of just doing alternate X-men, they should do alternate Marvel heroes. It would be more fun if you ask me.

5. Andrew R
    July 23, 2009 at 8:12 pm — Reply

I loved Exiles when it first came out. The concept of the book is what brought me back into comics after I quit in middles school. Then it went to crap somewhere between Nocturne leaving and Mimic’s death. I’m not sure when, but it took a sudden turn for the worse and I didn’t look back. I guess it started to suck, eh?

6. downbylaw
    July 23, 2009 at 10:44 pm — Reply

1st run of Exiles were what dreams were made of….after that…eh. I heart blink, but I cant picture here anywhere else and in any other team.

7. downbylaw
    July 23, 2009 at 10:45 pm — Reply

was what*

8. Ivo Gonçalves
    July 24, 2009 at 5:05 pm — Reply

I’m sad to hear this. The re-launch has been pretty good. Jeff Parker was hinting at some interesting future plots from page one and I wanted to see where he was going with it. Plus, the characters were fun. I’ll miss them.

Thank heavens that Agents of Atlas goes on… but I don’t expect it to last that long in the line. It’s always the bad stuff that lasts, isn’t it? Sad.

Young Liars and Captain Britan and MI13 were axed recently, too.