Trace Adkins fans now have one more reason to love him; his likeness is featured in the new Luke McBain series from 12 Gauge Comics.

The title character of Luke McBain is drawn to Adkins’ likeness and reflects some of the 6’6″ singer’s philosophy. The story takes place when McBain returns home to rural Louisiana after serving 14 years in prison, having taken the fall for a crime he didn’t commit. He finds himself in a town now controlled by greed and corruption, and he’s the only one with the courage to set things right. Although the book contains some violence, it is generally suitable for all ages.

“The McBain character became kind of a reflection of Trace Adkins’ entertainment persona,” notes writer David Tischman in a prepared release.  “It breathes a real life personality into the fictional character which is something we wanted. Trace helped a lot with that, and it’s something that I think we’ve worked hard to write into the character.”

The McBain series kicks off in November to coincide with Adkins’ tour, and will sell for $3.99.

SDCC'09: Dark Horse goes green

Ninja Turtles find writer

1. Kirby
    July 21, 2009 at 9:33 am — Reply

I’m sorry but all that’s coming to me is Simpsons jokes.

2. Gaumer
    July 21, 2009 at 9:55 am — Reply

I hope this trend continues and we see a lot of other country music stars get their own comic book…

is this for real???

3. Kirby
    July 21, 2009 at 10:07 am — Reply

Ah yes the Jerry Reed is Amos Moses series. I would actually check that out.

4. July 21, 2009 at 10:54 am — Reply

I’m willing to give this a chance. Do I like his music, not really a fan of country, but I can stand it.

This is the basic archtype that is underlying in all superheroes, a man searching for justice and willing to go to extremes to get it. It has been touched on in nearly every superhero from Superman to Spider-man, but there is always that level of fantasy about it that makes it escapism.

As far as it being/looking like Trace Atkins, well, look at popular artist like Bryan Hitch. nearly every character in Hitch’s series is based straight off a popular actor. THis is along the same lines as casting for a television show, imo.

Do I want to see this trend continue? Not if it means we get stuff like the old WWF (WWE, whatever) comics from Chaos. But at the same time, I’m not willing to just dismiss this right off.

I’m not rabidly look foward to it, but I would not mind giving it a read and seeing how they handle it. Think of movies like ROADHOUSE and all the great westerns where the mysterious figure/wrongly accused con comes to town and has to clean it up.

Besides, if nothing else I am curious about 12 Gauge comics. Also, this opens up the medium to fans of Trace Atkins who probably would not have checked out comics otherwise.

5. John Morales AKA uglyhooker
    July 21, 2009 at 11:16 am — Reply

Issue 1 is going to be worth like $1,000,000,000,000,000.00 in 2 years.

Buy like 20 of em people.

6. lifeisaglitch
    July 21, 2009 at 11:21 am — Reply

@Kirby

Glad im not the only one.

7. Jeff
    July 21, 2009 at 11:55 am — Reply

I want Dolly Parton in Power Girl’s costume.

NOW!