We’re fortunate enough to have access to a plethora of comics at the Stately Spoiler Manor, but that doesn’t mean we’re loaded.  Sometimes one comic is needed more than others, and a tight budget might dictate what we take home, and what stays behind.  Which brings us to the Major Spoilers Poll of the Week!

What is the absolute limit to your weekly comic book spending?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Dynamite Entertainment Sneak Peek of the Week

SDCC'09: Arcana schedule and signings

1. July 21, 2009 at 1:54 pm — Reply

I usually don’t spend more than $20 a month on trades and the occasional floppies, but if the expensive omnibus that I find is truly worth it, the I’ll willingly drop around $50 on those. But that only happens every so often.

So I voted for $25 since I usually only buy a giant hard cover collections once a year

2. Brian
    July 21, 2009 at 2:04 pm — Reply

I’ve had to streamline my comic collecting lately. I’ve gotten it down to $25 for 2 weeks. I usually go for about 3 issues a week. Anything more and i’d have to stop collecting just on principal.

3. morpheus
    July 21, 2009 at 2:09 pm — Reply

Just recently my wife and I had a discussion about this. She wanted me to be around $50 per month, and I fought back. Since with most comics at $4 this would mean no more than 3 per week. So, with some sweet talking and some sacrifices I got it up to $50 per week. I don’t usually spend that much but it is nice to have a little extra for those extra trades.

For those of you that have been in my situation and need an arguement for spending more on comics you could try mine. I convinced the wife that if I don’t go out to eat for a week I would have saved us $50 ($10 per day and a 5 day work week). Hence, my $50 per week budget for comics.

4. Josh P.
    July 21, 2009 at 2:09 pm — Reply

I spend roughly $50.00 a week on trades

5. July 21, 2009 at 2:19 pm — Reply

I usually try to keep it in the $40 range, but every couple of months, I’ll go on a trade binge. When that happens, then there’s no limit. (It does help to drop titles now & then if you realize you haven’t read them in the past few months – that’s what I’ve been doing.)

6. Ryan
    July 21, 2009 at 2:21 pm — Reply

I choose $40 because that is closest to what I’ve been spending lately for my monthly comics. I’ve had to order through the mail & pay in advance to get a resonable discount on my comics & as of late have been having orders in the $160+ pre month range. I’m a DC fan and blame the rise on all of the minis, the crossovers, & the writting teams for Superman & Batman family of books making you have to purchase the whole family to follow along. I liked it best when my order was around $90 per month. That way I could look at other items to purchase. Now with all of these comics, I also have worry about where to put them all.

7. Gaumer
    July 21, 2009 at 2:45 pm — Reply

$25 a week

My accountant has me on a very strict budget in regards to my comic spending. I could easily spend $100 a week

accountant=my lovely wife ;)

8. Nico
    July 21, 2009 at 4:23 pm — Reply

My pull list usually doesn’t come to more than $25, but sometimes the occasional trade will put me over, so I voted for $40. In reality, it’s around 30-35.

9. Scott Steubing
    July 21, 2009 at 4:34 pm — Reply

Varies between $3 and $30 a week, depending on what all ships. I budget my comic purchases on a monthly basis instead of weekly, and try to keep around $50 a month.

10. hermit
    July 21, 2009 at 4:46 pm — Reply

usually about 40$ per week. sometimes more, rarely less. i don’t have a girlfriend, and i don’t have kids. but that will change, since i moved in my own apartment last month (from being with 2 friends). my budget might go down to 80$ a month.

11. DrStrangeCubicle
    July 21, 2009 at 6:36 pm — Reply

$25/week tops for me. Going to go down shortly, as I’m starting grad school.

12. ykw
    July 21, 2009 at 7:04 pm — Reply

I’d like to spend more but, for right now, I have difficulty finding enough interesting books to get to twenty bucks a week.

Now, granted, that twenty bucks goes extra-far for me, being a DCBS customer and all (Big-Two books 40-75% off, indies at least 35%-off), but a few years ago, I was spending $35-50/week buying — and =enjoying= — a lot more titles.

13. Bob
    July 21, 2009 at 7:30 pm — Reply

$10 is the closest match for me; get Thunderbolts via subscription and then picking up Dark Avengers and Flash: Rebirth. I catch up on trades via the library…

14. Brother129
    July 21, 2009 at 7:41 pm — Reply

I spend $30-$50 buck a week and my justification is that I don’t splurge on much else. It seems like whenever I get ready to drop a title…a new one takes its place.

15. Alex
    July 21, 2009 at 11:51 pm — Reply

I spend like $6-$7 US a week on my comics.

16. Miguel
    July 23, 2009 at 10:25 am — Reply

At my peak (late teens, early twenties) I was spending about $120/month. That was about a decade ago.

Currently my budget is $0 and I wished the public library had some graphic novels…

17. July 27, 2009 at 12:28 am — Reply

I usually end up spending under $15/week (usually around $10 – $13) on floppies and I’ll get 1 or 2 trades, magazines, or toys a month from my LCS or online.