SDCC'09: Archie Comics at the show

SDCC'09: Marvel Signing Schedule

1. hermit
    July 21, 2009 at 4:38 pm — Reply

did you say FOREVER?

i’m just happy Dillon is getting back on the series (can’t remember when though)

2. July 21, 2009 at 5:01 pm — Reply

I’ve been really enjoying the current run of Punisher. He used the old Ant-Man gear to help smuggle himself into the Hood’s club and exploded out of a guy that ate him in a bite of pizza. It was awesome!

Is anyone here reading Punisher?

3. Josh P.
    July 21, 2009 at 5:06 pm — Reply

in the eventual trade, but not monthly.

4. Josh P.
    July 21, 2009 at 5:06 pm — Reply

And isn’t Dillon teaming with Aaron on the relaunched PunisherMax series?

5. July 21, 2009 at 5:59 pm — Reply

I’m thinking Frank loses an eye.

6. Gaumer
    July 21, 2009 at 6:10 pm — Reply

I read this and its pretty good

I really like Rick Remender and I hope his Doctor Voodoo is just as good.

Not sure why we have to have Wolverine in yet another title. Albeit its not really Wolverine, but Daken is better than Logan in getting into freakin books :)

7. Rowan
    July 21, 2009 at 6:53 pm — Reply

Im gonna have to agree with Josh I think Frank will lose an eye

8. ykw
    July 21, 2009 at 7:06 pm — Reply

Johnny Nepotism just doing the promo teaser? Or is he on the arc proper? If he’s in, I’m definitely out.

9. lifeisaglitch
    July 21, 2009 at 7:41 pm — Reply

Dakens third claw is pointing the wrong way…Well to be fair it has changed “shape” before.

@Cmonocle
    Yeah im digging his use of random classic gadgets and gear.
    Are you reading “Suicide Kings” ?

10. Alan
    July 22, 2009 at 8:10 am — Reply

Daken is such a ludicrous character, even worse than X-23. I think Marvel should introduce four or five more Wolverine clones and/or children. They can all have healing powers and claws sticking out of random places on their bodies (claws growing out of the kneecaps! or the eyes!), and they can call themselves “the W-Men.”

• July 22, 2009 at 11:25 am — Reply

Daken is such a ludicrous character, even worse than X-23.

My friend Tom Grice (who is WRONG, sir! WRONG!) nailed Daken on the head by using a gaming analogy. Palladium Games used to have a quality called “MEGA-DAMAGE” which indicated that an attack/power/person/vehicle was SOOPER-powerful, which pretty much broke the game in terms of combat and attacks.

Daken is, simply put, “Mega-Damage Wolverine.” (And this time? Tom got it right.)

11. Gaumer
    July 22, 2009 at 9:55 am — Reply

If you read the new Weapon X you’d see 4-5 Wolvie wannabees

Thats sort of close :)

12. MaximusRift
    July 22, 2009 at 12:19 pm — Reply

Funny, I really hate Wolverine, but Daken and X-23 really don’t irritate me. In fact, I’d choose the son over the father any day of the week.

Anybody think Frank Castle might actually die in 616 continuity? I always though Punisher worked best without supes in the mix.

• July 22, 2009 at 1:03 pm — Reply

If he does, it’ll be short-lived.