SDCC'09: Complete Boom! Studios schedule

Review: Crossed #6 (of 9)

1. July 17, 2009 at 5:48 pm — Reply

Overall it looks like it has potential…

But /REALLY/? Did they really have to go for the ‘magical-girl’ type of transformation like that?

2. svzurich
    July 17, 2009 at 7:20 pm — Reply

Good animation and start, but I agree with Tecrogue that the transformation sequence is wrong for this genre. Almost expected Hal to have a wand and skirt when done. :( And what is with Abin Sur’s race change? Was he just “horny” for Hal?

3. DrNerdo
    July 17, 2009 at 9:38 pm — Reply

The Sailor Moon transformation was a bit much, but overall good. Carol Ferris is looking good.

4. Allen Jones
    July 17, 2009 at 10:38 pm — Reply

I’m a Kyle Rayner guy myself, but after that, I’m excited for this.

5. greenjeans
    July 17, 2009 at 11:12 pm — Reply

“And what is with Abin Sur’s race change? Was he just “horny” for Hal?”

I think they wanted to avoid people confusing him with Sinestro. Which is fine by me. He’s such a minor character that the change is justified, and it wouldn’t hurt to have some of the GLs look obviously alien. Alan Davis did concept art of just that for the comics where even Katma Tui was redesigned to look less humanoid. While I don’t know if going that route with Sinestro’s race — of which Tui is a member of — is the best way to do it, guys like Ch’p and G’nort would certainly benefit from it.

6. Emissary
    July 17, 2009 at 11:54 pm — Reply

HELL YEAH!!!

7. svzurich
    July 18, 2009 at 12:29 am — Reply

I think you are right, Greenjeans. I just hate change for the sake of change. Been following Hal since the late 1970s and didn’t think the new design for the first ET that Hal met was merited.

8. Alex
    July 18, 2009 at 10:18 am — Reply

Not available in my region ;_____;

9. July 18, 2009 at 12:09 pm — Reply

The animation looks really gorgeous. But yeah I agree that that transformation sequence was really over the top.

10. kettch
    July 20, 2009 at 1:04 pm — Reply

Great so far, with the exception of the transformation sequence. I was half-expecting Hal to shout out, “GUREEN RANUTURUNO, HENSHIN!”

11. Rob
    July 20, 2009 at 2:12 pm — Reply

Looks great, like the rest of you I don’t like the transformation. just 8 days away now :)