Lucasfilm has announced the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Clone Wars complete first season DVD, and has promised it will be filled with extras that give viewers a chance to see how the show is put together from beginning to end.
â€œIâ€™m a longtime Star Wars fan, and the sameâ€™s true for a lot of the guys working on the show,â€ said supervising director Dave Filoni. â€œAnd as a fan, I know that Lucasfilm can be pretty secretive. Theyâ€™re famous for it. But weâ€™re all so proud of the work thatâ€™s gone into The Clone Wars, and we wanted to share some of our production tricks, and open up the vault and reveal our efforts. Youâ€™re going to get unprecedented access, to see the nuts and bolts of our series â€“ from concept to finished animation.â€
All those extras appear in The Jedi Temple Archives, which are exclusive to the Blu-Ray DVD edition of the series.
â€œThe live-action saga was just the beginning. The universe is vast, and there are so many more stories to explore beyond Anakinâ€™s fall and redemption,â€ said series creator and executive producer George Lucas. â€œThe scope of the war gives us the perfect vehicle for a weekly series, allowing us to look at how the conflict has affected the farthest reaches of the galaxy, including characters, creatures and races we only glimpsed in the feature films. Animation has allowed us to visualize the worlds and characters of Star Wars in all new ways.â€
Take the jump for the breakdown of what is included in the collection, that arrives in stores on November 3, 2009.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One is presented in widescreen with English, Spanish and French 5.1 DTS audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles.Â Bonus features include:
- Seven Directorâ€™s Cut Episodes:
- Rising Malevolence, Shadow of Malevolence, Lair of Grievous, Rookies, Storm Over Ryloth, Innocents of Ryloth and Liberty on Ryloth
- 22Â Episodic Featurettes that go behind-the-scenes with Supervising Director Dave Filoni and crewÂ about the making-of each episode
- Spectacular 64 page production journal that includes early sketches, artist notes, and concept art from each episode from Season One
Blu-ray Exclusive â€“ The Jedi Temple Archives
- An extensive database exploring test footage, early concept art, 3-D character and object turnarounds and early animation. The Archives is a rare look at the assets in various stages of creation for The Clone Wars, with a wealth of surprises and never-before seen moments sprinkled throughout.
As the Clone Wars sweep through the galaxy, the heroic Jedi Knights â€“ including Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master Yoda and padawan Ahsoka Tano â€“ struggle to maintain order and restore peace.Â But despite the best efforts of these brave protectors, more and more planets are falling prey to the sinister forces of the dark sideâ€¦
Star Wars: The Clone Wars features the voices of Matt Lanter (â€œ90210â€) as Anakin Skywalker, Ashley Eckstein (â€œThatâ€™s So Ravenâ€) as Ahsoka Tano, James Arnold Taylor (â€œThe Spectacular Spider-Manâ€) as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Tom Kane (â€œWolverine and the X-Menâ€) as Yoda.