Hong Kong Phooey kicks it as a live action flick

Max Steel headed to big screen

1. Matt
    July 13, 2009 at 2:36 pm — Reply

Love the art, but that Huntress costume… why did they bring it back again? The armored boots and gloves, and the many pouches, say “I’m trying to be realistic – take me seriously!” while the bare midriff, arms and legs say, “Just kidding!” That being said, Nguyen almost makes it work. I hope they keep him on a Bat title for the rest of his career.

2. Ocho
    July 13, 2009 at 3:12 pm — Reply

That’s the costume redesign that Jim Lee carted in for the HUSH storyline. Recently in Detective, Batman advised Batwoman against letting her hair hang loose. I have no idea why no one felt mention should be made about how badly designed Huntress’ costume was. My thighs chafe just looking at it.

Also, I hope Man-Bat is back to being a hero. I was first introduced to the character from his back-up stories in Batman Family.

3. July 13, 2009 at 4:20 pm — Reply

Dustin’s one of my favorite artists and usually draws the definitive Batman, as far as I’m concerned. That said, I wish he’d draw Dick Grayson and not Bruce Wayne.

4. Obsidian
    July 13, 2009 at 4:37 pm — Reply

What makes that pic Bruce Wayne and not Grayson?

5. johnny
    July 13, 2009 at 10:32 pm — Reply

it’s definitely grayson’s belt buckle, that’s for sure.

6. Matt
    July 14, 2009 at 12:40 pm — Reply

@Obsidian – Not to put words in Josh’s mouth, but Nguyen draws Dick Grayson Batman bulkier than Grayson has been drawn in the past (by most).

7. duckface
    July 16, 2009 at 2:34 am — Reply

Though to be fair, Huntress isn’t looking as slender as usual either…