Major Spoilers Dungeon Crawl Part Five

This issue: Going down the cellar door leads to trouble in a way that might bring about THE END OF THE WORLD!

If you aren’t familiar with the 4th edition of D&D, you might want to check out Major Spoilers Podcast #28 and Major Spoilers Podcast #89

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers113.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Will there be more? Only you have the power!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Archaia Sneak Peek of the Week

DC Comics Sneak Peek: Superman/Batman #62

1. Joe Martin
    July 10, 2009 at 10:47 am — Reply

Great series of podcasts. I really love Rodrigo’s storyline and the players interactions into the story. I would love it if you continued the campaign, even if you have to make it an optional podcast download.

I haven’t played D&D in years and you guys have re-sparked my interest. I even DLed the 4e quick start rules and campaign from the WotC site and started playing thru it alone just to get up to speed on the rules.

2. Gobnuts
    July 10, 2009 at 12:38 pm — Reply

I agree with Joe, you should keep this going, be it as part of the regular MSP or a standalone podcast. So far (done listening to Ep.3 aaaand I like it.)

4th Edition has been waving at me for attention but I wasn’t (and still am not) quite sure on whether to try it… 3.5 was just so great.

On a side-note: From what I’ve heard so far, Rodrigo is a pretty good DM. Thumbs up!
    My only criticism is that you let Steven use his iphone to roll! What’s next? Computers calculating bonuses?!? Oh, wait… ;)

3. Hendral
    July 10, 2009 at 1:14 pm — Reply

I enjoyed the series and am interested to find out where Rodrigo is going with this epic storyline. You make more and I’ll listen to them.

4. July 10, 2009 at 2:02 pm — Reply

Gobnuts: for the group game play, I did use regular dice. I just didn’t have any during the character creation or Graduation Day episodes.

5. John Luiza
    July 10, 2009 at 2:50 pm — Reply

So fun. Really am enjoying it. You all commit to the RP aspect which not only makes it more fun for you, it makes it more fun to listen to! Keep it up!

6. July 10, 2009 at 3:14 pm — Reply

I was initially a bit sceptical about the dungeon crawl episodes, since I feel that RPG sessions (or anecdotes) rarely translate well to any other medium outside of the original gaming group (oftentimes there are many inside jokes involved).

But you actually managed to produce some fine podcasts. Your group play was entertaining and the episodes were informative. I’m a RPGamer but I don’t play D&D and I think I got a good grasp of how the 4th edition works and how you can structure and solve conflicts in the game.

So… good work, guys! :)

• July 10, 2009 at 3:41 pm — Reply

Thanks Campaigner – you hit every major point we were trying to do with this series. The next set will be to show how fined tuned a gaming group can become once they are familiar with the mechanics (me), and familiar with everyone else’s method of playing.

7. July 10, 2009 at 3:48 pm — Reply

It started really slowly, but I have to say that the last two episodes were genuinely funny.
    More of these can’t be a bad thing!

8. benty
    July 10, 2009 at 4:28 pm — Reply

My only request is that we get more characters leaping out of windows

9. Cho
    July 10, 2009 at 5:07 pm — Reply

I hope you guys keep doing this on a regular basis, I’ve been trying to convince my friends to play D&D.

10. July 10, 2009 at 9:18 pm — Reply

When I heard that you guys were gonna do a series of D&D podcasts I decided that I was just gonna delete them because I had no interest in D&D whatsoever. I tried to play it once and the experience was horrible. Well, I forgot to delete the first episode and found myself without anymore new podcasts to listen to, so I played the first one and loosely listened. When the second one came I figured I’d listen again since I still didn’t have any other podcasts to listen to. Long story short, by the end of the series you now have me wondering whats gonna happen and also wanting to play D&D again very badly. So, you’ve converted me. I hope you’re happy!!!!

11. July 10, 2009 at 11:06 pm — Reply

My only request is that we get more characters leaping out of windows

As long as Torq is around, a lot of things will get jumped over, through, or off of.

12. Gaumer
    July 11, 2009 at 1:12 pm — Reply

Really liked these and want to hear more.

I have the same problem (the wife issue) that stops me from getting to my LCS for D&D games but you guys make me want to find a way. Divorce? Prolly not :)

13. Joonas
    July 12, 2009 at 10:32 am — Reply

Absolutely loved Matthew as Torq, want more :)

• July 12, 2009 at 9:31 pm — Reply

Uhh… Whut?

• Matthew
        October 25, 2009 at 9:14 am — Reply

I loves u Matthew! U my favorite character!

14. JB
    July 13, 2009 at 9:18 am — Reply

You guys can be proud, you actually convinced me to give 4th edition a try !

Your group functions really well on rp and rules (yes, even you Stephen, for a noob you catch on pretty quick^^), and Rodrigo’s story is very engaging : nice way to form the group without resorting to the traditional way, and I was actually surprised to see the quest have such a dramatic scale. That’s much better than “The old wizard wants you to kill some brigands and get back his spellbook”.

So congrats, I hope you do more of these podcasts (I know I’ll be there to listen) and that you get more players (you’re still missing a striker, right ?). You deserve it !

15. JB
    July 13, 2009 at 9:20 am — Reply

Oh and hurray for skill challenges ! That chase was one fine (and hilarious) moment of roleplaying !

16. Rodrigo
    July 13, 2009 at 9:42 pm — Reply

We are, in fact, missing a striker… but not for long!

17. dwashba
    July 14, 2009 at 12:40 pm — Reply

Man Steven, you guys have got’n me hooked on two things now…..Curses, more money down the drain

18. Crash
    July 15, 2009 at 4:50 am — Reply

Hey guys, really enjoyed the podcast. Great stuff. Parachute pants had me laughing as well as pretty much anything that Torq did.
    I learned a lot more about 4 ed after listening to all these podcasts and have come to realize I’m probably not ever gonna switch from 3.5. This has been both enjoyable and educational. Thanks!