Major Spoilers Dungeon Crawl Part Three

This issue: Orem, Randus, and Torq meet a band of Ne’r-do-wells in a dark Alley.

If you aren’t familiar with the 4th edition of D&D, you might want to check out Major Spoilers Podcast #28 and Major Spoilers Podcast #89

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers112.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Come back tomorrow for the next installment of this MSP D&D Extravaganza!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

SDCC'09: Comics Arts Conference Merch

SDCC'09: Cartoon Network and Adult Swim panels

1. July 9, 2009 at 2:28 pm — Reply

That may be Dante’s best illustration for the podcast. Downloading now.

2. ob
    July 9, 2009 at 2:39 pm — Reply

thats Randis (guy with syringes) right?

3. July 9, 2009 at 4:07 pm — Reply

ob: yes

4. Rodrigo
    July 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm — Reply

when Dante drew him he forgot that Brian described him with wild hair.

5. Rodrigo
    July 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm — Reply

oh, and it’s spelled “Randus”

6. July 9, 2009 at 5:46 pm — Reply

Man, what is it with you and Dante, Rodrigo? I’ve never heard you be so negative about somebody before. You’re always like, “Dante screwed this up” and “Dante didn’t finish that” and “Dante can’t draw milk.”

I suspect there’s a woman at the heart of this feud.

• July 9, 2009 at 9:11 pm — Reply

I think from this point forward Rodrigo and Dante need not be in Stately Spoiler Mansion at the same time. Sorry Dante, no more Tuesday nights for you.

7. Dante
    July 10, 2009 at 2:25 am — Reply

tuesday is, how you say? for chumps, anyway.

• July 10, 2009 at 10:41 am — Reply

We still love you Dante. If you want to come and sit in the other room with The Boy, you are welcome to do that too. I hear he screams and wets himself a lot, so you’ll have to watch your pen and paper as you draw.

8. July 10, 2009 at 6:20 am — Reply

I’ve never played Dungeons & Dragons before, or any similar game for that matter. It has always been a mysterious secret club, but you guys have opened the door a crack to let us outsiders peek in. It’s been a lot of fun so far, and I’m looking forward to the next instalment. Thanks.

9. vistapa
    July 10, 2009 at 3:10 pm — Reply

I always thought when theres a drawing emergency at the Stately Spoiler Mansion, rodrigo excuses himself out and then Dante enter the room, make the sketchs, leave the room just one minute before rodrigo step in and ask “hi guys what did i miss?”, but then again usually i’m wrong 70% of the times

• July 10, 2009 at 3:42 pm — Reply

Nope Dante is always sitting in the other room listening to the live show, sketching images for the episode and cleaning the Major Spoilers Nerd Room of Doom.

10. July 10, 2009 at 10:32 pm — Reply

More of this!

Again, for some reason (laziness) I don’t think I’d ever actually participate, but I really like listening to it. I guess I sort of like “story time”. Rodrigo’s job seems EXTREMELY DIFFICULT! It seems sort of like writing on the fly which is a very impressive skill. His answers to Stephen’s questions about totally dumping the precious little stories he made are both heartbreaking and horrifying that he’s so nonplussed about losing his hard work! you can let out the pain, rodrigo. I’m concerned one day he’ll explode. Perhaps into some form of ultra-rodrigo butterfly. Of rage.

So am I right in thinking that some of these campaigns could end in the whole party just dying if you’re really unlucky at rolling? Or are there things in place that prevent that?

11. Rodrigo
    July 11, 2009 at 11:17 am — Reply

In 4th edition Player characters are easy to conk out, but notoriously hard to outright kill. In all the time that I’ve been running 4th ed. I’ve only had one PC die. If you consider that the bad guys are also roleplayed there’s a lot of room for being captured or someone to get away as well.

As far as dumping my magical tales of wonder? It does hurt, it kinda sucks, but it’s worth it when I manage to land a solid game with good players.

12. Brian
    July 13, 2009 at 7:30 am — Reply

Aww, did Matthew roll a natural 20 using a greataxe, a high-crit weapon? He was robbed of dealing another d12 damage!

Rodrigo, can you speak on how you calculate roleplaying XP rewards? As an old Palladium GM, this idea really appeals to me.

Final thoughts, these D&D podcasts are really great; some of my favorite content from the site thus far.

13. Rodrigo
    July 13, 2009 at 9:44 pm — Reply

4th ed. Has a real simple way of calculating XP. Basically you start out with an XP amount and ‘buy’ monsters with it. I’ll elaborate on the show.