Major Spoilers Dungeon Crawl Part Three

This issue: Orem ventures into the world of Man, where he encounters someone and something not quite human as the Eladrin attempts to track down his missing instructor.

If you aren’t familiar with the 4th edition of D&D, you might want to check out Major Spoilers Podcast #28 and Major Spoilers Podcast #89

Part One:  Dramatis Personae!
Part Two:  Graduation Day!

[podcast]http://media.libsyn.com/media/majorspoilers/majorspoilers111.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Come back tomorrow for the next installment of this MSP D&D Extravaganza!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Detective Comics #854 sells out, back to press

Sinister Spider-Man sells out too

1. July 8, 2009 at 12:26 pm — Reply

I love the part where I sat and went through my dicebag for like half an hour. That was pretty awesome.

2. J Michael T
    July 8, 2009 at 7:33 pm — Reply

You know, I’ve never played or watched anyone play and I am enjoying this inmensely! Hope you consider making this a return feature on the Podcasts … thanks!

3. July 8, 2009 at 7:59 pm — Reply

Before I say what I have to say, I’d like to establish my bona fides.

I’m a past president of the Roleplayers’ Gaming Guild…the rpg club at my college. I started playing with D&D’s first basic set, moved on to the “Expert” and from there jumped to all kinds of games. I’ve played Star Frontiers, GURPs (Heroes and Space), Warhammer (the RPG…which, as far as I’m concerned, is the only REAL Warhammer), Palladium (Heroes, Robotech and Fantasy), White Wolf (Mage, Werewolf, Vampire, and Vampire: The Dark Ages), Marvel Super Heroes, DC Heroes, Call of Cthulu, Paranoia, Hol, Amber Diceless Roleplaying, Shadowrun and Cyberpunk.

Now, having said that, I can say that I knew it’d be best to skip your Dungeon Crawl podcasts. Why? Because listening or watching someone else role-play is boring as whale dung.

And if you know whale dung like I do…you’d probably know nothing.

• July 8, 2009 at 10:09 pm — Reply

Thankfully there is a large majority that is not sharing your view Chris. Thanks for playing though.

• July 9, 2009 at 12:16 am — Reply

With all due respect to your thesis and pedigree, you might note that Stephen, Rodrigo and I are not just techno, gamer, and comic geeks respectively. We have over half a century of radio, television and film experience between us, and are all experienced performers and inveterate showoffs in our own right…

Feel free to call us boring if that’s what you think, but do so based on hearing us BE boring, rather than a prejudgement, please. :)

4. Rodrigo
    July 8, 2009 at 8:31 pm — Reply

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally thought stephen was going to edit some of that first part out…

5. July 8, 2009 at 9:38 pm — Reply

Apparently the four of us discussing the history of the 12-sider makes for fine listening in Stephen’s mind…

6. ob
    July 8, 2009 at 10:46 pm — Reply

I’m a Neverwinter Nights player and I have to say this is great. Keep it up guys.

7. July 9, 2009 at 4:26 am — Reply

what!! i thought it was really entertaining!! since it’s the usual hosts, it was totally funny and even if you’re not into d&d, I think anyone would enjoy it simply because it’s a fun story with funny characters. stephen’s character being so amazingly condescending was great!! so i can only say that if your rp is boring…that’s just hte ones you’ve been exposed to?? because this one was great.

I’ve largely stayed away from D&D stuff because I didn’t really get what it was or how the player-game master relationship worked out but this made it a lot clearer!

plus what’s the harm in giving it a chance, you can always turn it off, no one has headphones duct taped to their head, right?

8. Bob
    July 9, 2009 at 12:16 pm — Reply

First of all, “Thank you”! I’m loving listening to this. I played D&D, Advanced D&D, and 2nd Edition – but that’s as far as I’ve gone.

Quick question: What is the charisma on Orem again? I thought it was an average number (10?), but he’s referred to as being very attractive (especially to the ladies during the last podcast)…

Can’t wait to listen to the next episode!

Bob

• July 9, 2009 at 12:53 pm — Reply

I don’t have my stat sheet with me, but you’ll hear during In the Streets of Moonhold, that the human ladies don’t pay me much mind. We Eladrin are pretty hot to each other – but again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

wait… A BEHOLDER!!!!??? RUN!!!

9. July 9, 2009 at 1:58 pm — Reply

@Matthew:

Sorry for giving the impression that I didn’t listen to the podcasts. I did. Three of the four dungeon crawls you’ve put out so far (although none in their entirety).

Also, I truly respect the fact that all three of you have significant radio and broadcasting experience: of which I lack completely. Honestly, I love your podcast and listen regularly.

That said, I was making a judgement A) on what I heard and B) what I know.

• July 9, 2009 at 6:33 pm — Reply

That said, I was making a judgement A) on what I heard and B) what I know.

S’all we ask.

10. July 9, 2009 at 9:13 pm — Reply

As Matthew would say – Your Milage May Vary…

11. Crash
    July 12, 2009 at 8:02 pm — Reply

“Begone!” “Actually I sorta gotta stand here cause I’m a guard.” “Ohhh…Well then I shall begone!”

I don’t know why but this had me cracking up laughing.

I still say yall guys should have played 3.5 though. 4 ed isn’t very good in my opinion. Good for beginning players but in the long run it’s ultimately more of an MMORPG setup than an actual tabletop RPG setup.

12. Ocho
    July 14, 2009 at 4:46 pm — Reply

Despite my past comments about playing D&D being too much like home work, I’m enjoying this podcast immensely.