This week, we’re bringing it back ot robot on robot action by asking you to decide between the two beloved robots from Mystery Science Theater 3000.  It’s kind of like asking you to choose between your two favorite children, but if you had to choose only one, would you pick Tom, or Crow?

Crow T. Robot, or Tom Servo?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

DC shows off Batman and Robin #2 variant cover

Two Uncanny X-Men titles sell out, back to press

1. Hitman Sam
    June 23, 2009 at 11:54 am — Reply

You bastard. You sick bastard.

But seriously, there are many things to consider with a poll like this. Are we talking Joel Era or Mike Era? KTMA, Comedy Central, or Scifi Channel? Are you looking for riff- per- minute, or overall quality riff?

Having said that, I’d go with Tom.

2. Hitman Sam
    June 23, 2009 at 11:58 am — Reply

Suppose I should clairify, you’re a sick bastard because you’re making me choose between the ‘Bots.

3. Ricco
    June 23, 2009 at 12:33 pm — Reply

I could never sit through the whole thing so I don’t know… neither maybe?

4. Jim
    June 23, 2009 at 5:40 pm — Reply

The most difficult poll in a while. It’s a toss-up but I picked Crow by a bowling pin nose.

5. June 23, 2009 at 6:02 pm — Reply

I love all the ‘bots, and Tom consistently cracked me up, but Crow always seemed to have more of my sense of humor, he spoke to me, so I identify with him more…

6. ykw
    June 23, 2009 at 7:01 pm — Reply

Kevin Murphy’s Tom Servo was such a rich character not even =two= different Cro-o-o-o-w!s could keep up. (Weinstein’s, though, not so much. Much like his other “contributions” to the show.)

7. Kirby
    June 23, 2009 at 9:05 pm — Reply

I got into MST3K in the past year or so, have seen plenty of episodes. Love it, but this is hard.

I have to go w/ Tom just because, while I like both of Crow’s interpretations on various levels, Kevin having a full decade to the character was something I liked.

8. June 24, 2009 at 4:44 am — Reply

This is the hardest poll ever. Why isn’t there a “both are awesome” option? But at the end of the day, I just think Tom (because of performer consistency) was the more solid character-wise. He also had my favorite freak-out at the end of “The Wild Wild World of Batwoman”.